What to do with hydroponic adenium seedling?

MC

Hello, this is my first post here. I started a whole bunch of seedlings a little under two months ago, and decided to do some in an aerogarden. Only one made it, but he is huge now, and I have no idea what to do with him. At the rate he's growing I will have to move him out soon, but I am not sure what the best way to do that without killing him is.
Any advice appreciated.

• George Davis

You know the one thing about seeds is their diversity gene wise. Everyone of those seeds is different than the parents. That’s why you use cuttings. If...if you have enough seeds one is nearly sure to survive. In that environment. Since your lucky enough to get one to root in that system. But it becomes naturalize to that system. The Krathy, Aerogardens are both the same thing. It’s just package different. The rose is just a big potato. Pull it out, let it sit in the morning sun for a week till the old roots die off. Then stick it into what ever you want. Of course there’s a thought. The seeds it produces could generate more seeds that will grow in an Aerogarden. Cross those seeds and you will get more seeds that will grow in a wet environment. Do that for 4 generation and you might have a saleable seed item. Another thing. The Rose is just a big potato. A desert plant that sucks up water. The others died trying to suck up that much water and rotted away.

• SoCal Stewart (San Diego, Ca Zone 10A/10B)

MC, I’d love to see pictures of you can post them. Of both your HP setup & your DR, incl the roots. It sounds very interesting.

• MC

Tried to post photos before, will see if this

Very nice. Those roots are gorgeous. Only 2 months old? Amazing! How is the caudex coming along?

• George Davis

Interesting! Those are anaerobic roots. Hydroponic roots are thicker. Which explains further why the rest died. Nature is really hit or miss.

• George Davis

I’m going to conduct an experiment using cherry seeds. This is really the only plant that I haven’t really tried in the system. So I went out and bought 6 each of 3 different peaches, 2 types of Nectarines, Mango’s, 12 Apricots, 6x2 types plum. An a bag of Dark Sweet Cherries. You know a lot of stuff. So the thought here is since I don’t have a problem growing the other stone fruit I’ll settle on the one I haven’t done, Cherries. Sure I’ll have pictures of of the others. But what it means is I’ll start some in the system, some in media (dirt) and some in media to transfer after sprouting to the system.

Taking these fruits apart is labor. Still have the White Nectarines, plum an the last few Mangos. Planted three of the Mango seeds. Even tho their tropical they should have time to sprout outside. It's just another way to grow plants. I'll continue this in the I bring proof pages.