Software
Houzz Logo Print
blueblin

Hardwood help!!! Please!

13 years ago
We just bought out starter home and I'm choosing hardwood for the main floor. My first choice is either a darker hardwood or this American walnut I found with tons of character. The problem is - the banister in the house is a honey coloured oak that would be an eye sore next to the dark wood.

I can either choose a honey coloured floor to give flow with the banister - although it would change everything (modern look to now more eclectic, colour scheme etc) or I can choose the dark colour and ignore my banister issue. (It's a small banister. It's noticeable but not big)

To change the stairs is expensive and we might not want to put that money into our starter home. PLEASE help!! Opinions needed!!

Pics attached of floors I'm considering and my banister!

Comments (3)