Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stjoe56

Kitchen appliance help

LJ
2 years ago

Hi Everyone;

Above is the proposed kitchen layout for my ADU unit.

IGNORE THE SIZE OF THE APPLIANCES/SINK SHOWN ON IT

SEE BELOW FOR INFO ON THE ISLAND

I would like some feedback/suggestions on appliance size, brands, sink size, etc. Only my wife and myself can live in the unit.

The kitchen is small and we have to downsize the appliance size.

1. 18 Inch dishwasher: I am not getting a 24 inch model as our current dishwasher is usually one fourth to one third full most night. I have three proposed 18-inch INTEGRATED models that would work: (a) Samsung $764; (b) Bosch 800 for $1099; and a Miele for $1199. The Bosch and the Miele have a third rack, the Samsung does not. Which would you choose?
  2. Refrigerator: Wife wants a French door model with three not four doors. Brands that would work are a 33-inch Samsung (least expensive); a 33-inch GE (middle price); and various 32-inch Fisher and Paykel models. Our max price for a refrigerator is $3000.
  3. Induction Cooktop: We are looking at both the 15 inch Wolf and 24 inch Bosch. The Wolf has two burners and the Bosch has three burners. The only reason we are looking at the Bosch is because we store things on top of our 30 inch GE model in the back when not in use.
  4. Oven: We rarely bake. Do we get a large Breville or Wolf countertop, or should we go to the additional expense of installing a built-in 24 inch oven? (City does NOT require built-in oven)
  5. Sink: Single bowl 24 or 27 inch?
  6. The island is not FIXED. It will be moveable on casters. We are bringing power to it by utilizing floor outlets which will power any device on it. (E.g., a bread machine).

Any and all comments/suggestions welcomed.

Comments (7)