Software
Houzz Logo Print
tim_h42

exterior change whats missing?

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Changed from Tan square box to Gray Square box. What is missing though?





Comments (17)

  • 4 years ago



  • 4 years ago

    Landscaping You have a great start, its just empty of the plants.

  • 4 years ago

    Lighting on the porch for those relaxing evenings.

  • 4 years ago

    Looks great to me! Lovely home - some shrubbery and maybe a brick trim on between the grass and the flower bed

  • 4 years ago

    I like the grey but not the white porch walls. I’d paint that the same grey. Maybe use a Haight blue ceiling.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Great job! Now you need some color


  • 4 years ago

    It looks amazing I love it!!
    Add landscaping and maybe larger planters on the sides of the door

  • 4 years ago

    I think much larger, natural wood porch posts would look good

  • 4 years ago

    So 2020 summer, we had all of these great flower planters going. Dow side was it was really hard on the wood trim and in general added a lot of "soil and green-ish fuzz" to the brick. Permanent Plants, i took most out in 2017 and haven't missed them at all .


  • 4 years ago



  • 4 years ago

    I thought about larger posts. In the end, wit lumber prices what they were this summer, I decided to detach the railing from the house with a new post at each end, and just paint everything white, for now. I don't want to ruin the view from inside the house out, as you can probably see, there are no window coverings on the first floor. An autistic immune suppressed resident loves to look out the windows. I also don't want to intrude back into the deep porch two much as we like to enjoy the evenings with the fans on in the summer.


    All that being said, I do want to redo the posts and railings, likely 2022. Huge tapered posts probably don't work for us, but something more "deliberate" would be nice instead of utilitarian like we have now.


    There is a house in the neighborhood that is all white with Natural/stain finished posts, it looks out of place for the neighborhood.

  • 4 years ago

    We thought about the grey for the front porch, in fact. that is what we started with. I seen a few houses on line that had a lighter front porch and really liked how it differentiated that feature and made a recess seem brighter. In the end, I had to persuade my spouse to go with the white porch, it wasn't too hard. It is definitely different. Consensus was some like it, some do not. It accomplished what I hoped by making it a defining feature and it feels cool, bright and clean. Due to the material, you void the warranty if you paint the finish.

  • 4 years ago

    I like what you have done. Some day add larger black light fixtures on either side of door & tall black planters at front steps. also add black metal house numbers above door. The teal Adirondack chairs get lost, maybe paint them black.

  • 4 years ago

    I do agree with the comment above that planting more trees is a good idea.

  • 4 years ago

    I'm not sure where the teal chairs get lost, They stand out significantly, maybe its the angle. The lights also are not visible from the angle, they are fairly large and frankly the next size up looked like it belonged on a commercial property, not residential. As for trees, This is a fairly small lot, i've driven by way too many houses that are overwhelmed with too much vegetation, so just adding trees is not a likely solution. I'm frankly, not sure anything is missing, but wanted to ask. House numbers are some where else, btw. No black, it looks like a geriatric single guy when you go down that black path with everything. I appreciate all comments, and wanted to address some back. More trees, you need to recognize this is a city lot, and trees don't belong front and center.

  • 4 years ago

    You could go with more of a colonial post in the future - love your new flag!

    Tim H thanked dee_mckervey