My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
The first one is Australis. The second is lacunosa. There are a bunch of varieties of lacunosa and they are not really easy to tell apart so I can't say which lacunosa you have. But I can say it is lacunosa.
Andrea Johnson thanked popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
Thanks. I have a couple of hoya Australis — one called hoya Australis Lisa and one I bought on Amazon that just said Australis, but this one didn’t look exactly like the others. i thought the second one might be hoya bella but it didn’t look quite right. I don’t have another lacunosa.
Australis Lisa is the variegated cousin. She is so pretty, isn't she?
From what I understand, lacunosa blooms smell really good. None of mine have ever bloomed. I have three that I acquired from three totally different sources. The leaf shape of lacunosa will vary a lot. So don't be surprised it it puts out cute little heart-shaped leaves and then longer more oblong ones. It's just kinda what it does.
My Australis Lisa is still just a baby rooted cutting but I really like the leaves on it. I started collecting hoyas because they are supposed to be safe for my cats. Now I am trying to collect some of the different varieties. I’m glad to have one I hadn’t found before. Here are some of my hoyas. Hoya Australis Lisa is in the green terrazzo planter in front.
I’m afraid those aren’t my only hoyas! it is easy to get addicted to them. I’d really like a hoya carnosa gray ghost at some point. My cats like to bat at the vines but at least they aren’t poisonous.
popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
Andrea JohnsonOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Kankakee Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Barnstable Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Williamsport Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Victorville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Olympia Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Quincy Landscape Contractors · Peoria Landscape Contractors · Newport Landscape Contractors · Indianapolis Custom Countertops · San Antonio Custom Countertops · Marinette Custom Countertops · Traverse City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Kahului Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Longview Landscape Contractors · Port Saint Lucie Interior Designers & Decoratorspopmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
Andrea JohnsonOriginal Author
Tika Land
popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
Bill M.
Andrea JohnsonOriginal Author