Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_137943426

KitchenAid range 36" dual fuel

K S
2 years ago

Hi,
Building a home and picked this oven. Now with shortages we had to reconsider the KitchenAid fridge - and chose Bosch now ...and we are offered the floor model 36" dual fuel range- looking for more info now I'm not finding over the moon reviews I was hoping for.
I don't know why digging through the internet and old posts on here I cannot find someone documenting this oven and how to use the phone app....So if you own this oven I would love to know a few things.

I know there is no timer. But the app is supposed to be the timer. Does the phone chime when timer is up? Is it easy to use ? What else do you use the app for ?

Pre heating - I watched a video -Does the knob shine a light that shows preheating verse ready?

Are you happy with this product ?
Is there anything else I should know before I buy this ?

Comments (8)

• Craig Howard
    last year

Did u buy it and how has it been

• K S
    Original Author
    last year

We did, I like it so far only been using it like 3 weeks. Good burners - easy to light and the convection dual fuel is nice. The timer in the app is dumb we just got a regular counter top timer. Which for a oven that cost as much as it did - seems strange. The phone barely rings when the timer goes off and it only rings one time. We have used the app to turn the oven on a few times but notice that if you use the oven normally and then flip the dial to wifi for the next time you might want to use it- it will turn the oven back on because in the app it says: stay on- even tho you didn’t start a new cycle. I don’t know if that was a fluke ? But we had the oven back on yesterday because I turned it to wifi when we were done using it.

Also when I did try to use the timer for multiple cooks- like cookies - in and out of the oven. The app couldn’t start the timer over and it just didn’t work the second time - which I didn’t realize until like 8 minutes in. So the app is meh. But it will turn the oven on…
    The oven is pretty.

• DM H413
    last year

Off topic, could you tell me the color of your cabinets and floor? Love it! :)

• K S
    Original Author
    last year

Cabinets are Yorktowne macchiato, floors are mirage cashmere

• nini804
    last year

Wow, that is a gorgeous range! I chose the KA 36” dual fuel when we built 11 years ago. It seems very different now…we have a digital display for the electric oven (with a timer! 😂 and convection.) The cooktop is gas, with an electric griddle in the middle. We’ve never had a service call (knocking on everything furiously so as to not jinx myself, lol!)

Not as pretty as yours, but back in the day….😂

• WestCoast Hopeful
    last year

We also have a 36” dual fuel. I like it. We have a wall oven too so rarely use oven. I do find the top hard to clean. Have had four years

• nhb22
    last year
    last modified: last year

We have the all gas KA 36" Looks exactly the same as the range shown. We did not know it was a Smart range until it came. It is quite quirky, and if the power goes off and on, we have to reset the WiFi.

We do not use the phone app, and would never turn the oven on when away from the house. What we did do is purchase an Alexa Echo Show that works with the app. It is plenty loud enough, and you can set multiple timers. I like it more than I thought I would.😉 I also enjoy the large clock display, the weather warnings, the photos, etc.

If the timer doesn't work, I have this as a back-up! 🤣