Software
Houzz Logo Print
eaw0915

Sharing Some Kitchen Joy

4 years ago

OK Houzzers, I am beside myself happy right now and had to share. I’ve been in a nightmare pattern for almost 2 years with a kitchen/laundry/powder room renovation. Cabinets filling the living room, kitchen goods boxed and crammed in the family room and dining room, etc, and one year without lowers.

Today my GC and his right hand man showed up early to do some odd jobs while we waited for my counters to be fabricated. I am so lucky they were here (had a break in the interim job they were doing) because unbeknownst to all of us the counters showed up. There was a front office flub so we didn’t get notified. After about 30 mins of mass chaos to get everything out of the kitchen (we had put down a few pieces of plywood so I could prep there and not in the dank back corner of the dining room), get the dishwasher installed, a few cleats put up and the back of the peninsula on the counters started rolling in.

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!

My only regret is that once our cabinets were set we couldn’t use the spacer to install an outlet in the front of the peninsula, not enough walkway space. I have to have the outlet in the waterfall 😔 but it’s still beautiful anyway.

I wanted subtle veining and this Vicostone Misterio is perfect. It has subtle grey and brown veining that will look dynamite with my walnut floating shelves. It’s pretty even though it’s dusty right now. @BethH, you were so kind helping with peninsula lighting, although we’re not quite ready for that today it’s finally coming together. Now if only my West Elm counter stools, laundry wallpaper, and Roman Shade fabric would arrive.

I am one happy camper right now, epoxy stench and all…

Comments (11)