Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mas_loves_roses1

Barni roses —recommendations

Which do you grow? Do you like them? Would love to see some pictures. I grow and love Roberto Capucci. Could not say enough good things about this rose so I’m ready to try other Barni roses.

Comments (18)

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here is a picture of Roberto

• rosecanadian
    2 years ago

Oh my goodness!! I can see why you love this rose!! What a beauty!!

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you. It isn’t even a fully mature plant yet.

• kathyc_z10
    2 years ago

I have Stile 800 and Occhi di Fati. Both are very beautiful, and very different.

Occhi di Fati is semi double, and it is phototropic (white to deep pink). Floribunda. Really fun watching the petals change color after the bloom opens. Nice dark green foliage (I have no blackspot pressure here), no scent.

Stile 800 has very full blooms that are apricot to apricot pink. As they age, they do not fade to white but rather lighter pink. Apple scent (to my nose).

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Those two are so pretty, Kathy! How is the bush growth? Upright or rounded?

• rosecanadian
    2 years ago

Kathy - Occhi di Fati looks very much like windflowers! And I really love your Stiles 800!! Oh my!

Hugogirl - that's INCREDIBLE!!!! Does it repeat bloom? Glorious!!!

• hugogurll
    2 years ago

Yes, it repeats readily. The clusters are pendulous like Wisteria.

• kathyc_z10
    2 years ago

thank you! They about 3 years old, and grow upright to about 5 foot. Occhi di Fati especially likes to grow taller canes and it is always blooming! It is absolutely delightful in a bouquet.

Stile800 being a hybrid tea, less bloomy than OdF but worth it for the full blooms and apple scent. The blooms do not shatter quickly either, they last on the bush.

Speaking of Barni roses, I ordered 3 from RU in Fall--Niso Fumagali. Silvina Donvito, and Etrusca for spring. Does anyone have any insight into those?

• mossy44_z7bwa
    2 years ago

I have had Etrusca since 2018, and it is probably my favorite rose. I live in a area where I was told I couldn't grow roses, since it is very wet most of the year, but I have between 30 & 40 roses every year, and despite the problems they are doing well. Etrusca doesn't mind the wet, or the heat in Summer. It does blackspot a little, but I spray so it clears up. Most of all, I love the color and form of the bloom.

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mossy, that is a beautiful rose!! I’ll have to see if RU has or

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It not or

• rosecanadian
    2 years ago

Hugogurll - that sounds like SUCH an amazing rose!! Heavens above!!

Mossy - OH!! What a stunning rose!!! SWOON!! The first picture punched me in the stomach. LOL

• Diane Brakefield
    2 years ago

These roses have blown me away. I love every one of them.

Mas, your Roberto is such a lovely thing. I've been noticing him for several years, and what you say about this rose makes me want to give Barni a try. Where is the best place to buy them?

Kathy, Stile 800 and Ochi de Fati are both gorgeous. What unique roses. I'm a sucker for the pouffy types, so Stile 800 really appeals to me. She's a lot like Augusta Luise.

Wow, Hugogurll, Perfume Breeze is a blooming machine, really different and beautiful. I love how you're growing it.

Mossy, the colors and bloom form of Etrusca are perfection, and so is your photography. I checked HMF, and though there were many beautiful photos posted, yours are by far the best. Diane

• mossy44_z7bwa
    2 years ago

Thank you, all. But the credit goes to Etrusca, it's impossible to take a bad photo of it.

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Diane Brakefield I got Roberto from Roses Unlimited. They have a nice collection of Barni roses.

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    2 years ago

Mossy what do you think of Etrusca’s fragrance?

• mossy44_z7bwa
    2 years ago

I know it has some fragrance, but I have a severely challenged nose, so I'm not much help in fragrance ratings, sorry.