Software
Houzz Logo Print
crys_jord

I need help with layout on owner’s closet to optimize storage/ space

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

The house i bought has a nice size owner’s closet but only had rods that were not completely functional for the layout. However, in a recent bathroom project, I took some space from the footprint of the owner’s closet to incorporate a linen closet into an adjacent bathroom. Because of this, I thought it was a good time to remodel the master closet to add built ins. I pulled all existing rods and shelving out except for one rod just for clothes that wouldnt fit anywhere else for the time being.

The overall closet dimensions are 94” x 61” with a corner ”bump out” that was needed for the bathroom linen storage, and ceilings are only 8’. This closet would be used by myself only, so no need for his/hers sections.

I’d really love to have a narrow builtin dresser approx. 24“ - 28” wide, shoe storage and some shelves for folded jeans/ sweaters. I would need a single rod for long hanging items and sections for double rods. I would also like to keep a shelf around the top wherever possible for storing extra items. I know I want a lot for such a small space, but does anyone have suggestions on layout to make this work?

I included a footprint sketch with measurements and a few pictures to demonstrate size/ space for reference. The last picture is just showing the bathroom linen storage that created the bump out in the closet.

thank you, any help would be apprectiated!









Comments (2)