Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmor

I have such good timing, not

happy2b…gw
last year

My turn for Covid. Today is my 50th wedding anniversary. So far the only gift I have had is a positive Covid test. Oh well, what can I do except wait it out? The house provides a bedroom, bathroom, and den for my quarantine.

I started with a scratchy throat and ear pressure earlier in the week, but nothing debilitating. I have been dealing with sinus drainage all spring and have taken Clarinex every day, so I must have provided fertile ground for an infection. Last night I felt a fever coming on and my throat felt more sore and had earache.

My fever has been 99-100 without any meds, so feeling lucky. My throat feels better this morning, but my ear feels stuffed. Appetite so far good, sipping water and munching on raisin tea biscuits.

Comments (44)

• Jilly
    last year

Oh, happy, I’m sorry!

Wishing you a happy 50th and speedy recovery so you can celebrate. ❤️

happy2b…gw thanked Jilly
  • cawaps
    last year

I'm so sorry. Getting Covid always sucks, having it interrupt a celebration magnifies the impact tenfold.

happy2b…gw thanked cawaps
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    last year
    last modified: last year

That stinks. The latest variant seems to be very transmissible with a lot of people getting it but few reporting it to whomever keeps the stats. I've known 8 or 10 that have contracted it in the last month or so but recovered quickly after a day or 2. One friend had a headache for a week after testing negative but feels fine now a few weeks later.

I hope you recover quickly and fully!

Happy anniversary!

happy2b…gw thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • Kathsgrdn
    last year

I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon.

happy2b…gw thanked Kathsgrdn
  • Elizabeth
    last year

Well, isn't that the pickle on the crap sandwich!

I guess this is where the "in sickness and in health" clause kicks in :-)

Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery.

• foodonastump
    last year
    last modified: last year

Sorry to hear. Unfortunate timing. But happy anniversary!

I think this goes against CDC guidelines, but we’ve stopped isolating from each other when covid hits our home. By the time we test positive, it’s after the couple days prior and after symptom onset, the period where we’re most contageous. So I figure we’ve exposed each other as much as we will have. Of course public is a different story.

This isn’t advice, just my commentary. I’m unclear if your symptom onset was earlier this week or last night. Everyone should do what makes them comfortable, and consider risk factors. Your setup sounds less than horrible, certainly better than my stay on an aerobed in an unfinished basement the first time around! Good luck!

happy2b…gw thanked foodonastump
  • DLM2000-GW
    last year

I hope you are celebrating that Golden Anniversary very soon. Congratulations on that milestone and hope you recover quickly.

happy2b…gw thanked DLM2000-GW
  • lucillle
    last year

Take care of yourself, feel better soon, then party!

• yeonassky
    last year

Happy 50th!

Sorry that your 50th is marred and marked by covid. It seems to be very bossy!

I hope you take this as a sign that you and your partner in time can weather absolutely anything even semi or quasi I'm not sure which post pandemic illness.

I hope your symptoms fade quickly and you are once again at tip top shape.

happy2b…gw thanked yeonassky
  • teeda
    last year

First, Happy 50th Anniversary! And I am so sorry that you are sick with Covid. Hope your case is mild and you are back to yourself quickly!

happy2b…gw thanked teeda
  • Yayagal
    last year

You won't forget this birthday, reschedule and pretend. Hope you get well in a short short time.

• Tina Marie
    last year

So sorry to hear you are sick, although I am glad that it seems to be a mild case. Hoping you are over it soon! Happy Anniversary!

happy2b…gw thanked Tina Marie
  • Alisande
    last year

No fun! Congratulations on 50 years, and I hope you start feeling back to normal soon!

• Uptown Gal
    last year

I am so sorry...hope you can start perking up and enjoy some Anniversary celebrations....rest

and let people wait on you. ;)

happy2b…gw thanked Uptown Gal
  • OllieJane
    last year

Sorry to hear, but at least you will be immune to this variant. This is the one you'd want if you get it. Were you vaccinated? and boosted?

happy2b…gw thanked OllieJane
  • heatheron40
    last year

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Get better soon and party ;^)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

Happy 50th Anniversary! So sorry you're seeing it in feeling poorly, but hope you recovery quickly!

(It's our anniversary today too)

• Ida
    last year

So sorry you've caught it, and hope it goes easy on you. Happy 50th anniversary! That's impressive!

• dedtired
    last year

I got the same thing for my birthday! Woke up that day feeling unwell, tested and was negarive. By the next morning I was positive. Since I live alone, it was easy to quarantine and frinds dropped food off at the door. . The matzoh ball soup was the best.

Sorry you are sick but at least it is short lived. Yes Yes, bad timing.

• marilyn_c
    last year

I hope you feel much better soon. Happy anniversary to you and Annie.

happy2b…gw thanked marilyn_c
  • cindy-6b/7a VA
    last year

Hope you get better soon.

Happy Anniversary to you and Annie.

happy2b…gw thanked cindy-6b/7a VA
  • Caroline Hamilton
    last year

I hope you feel better soon! I had covid last week for the first time ever. Vaxxed and boosted (Moderna). I was able to get on Paxlovid right away and my symptoms went away within a day and by day 5 I was testing negative. I think it's a wonder drug!

• SEA SEA
    last year

Happy Anniversary! I'm going to have a talk with gift fairy for you! Not a nice gift you were given.

I hope you are in the worst of it right now, and from here on forward you feel tip top and back to your usual healthy self.

Feel better very soon!

happy2b…gw thanked SEA SEA
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Ugh, so so, so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Happy Anniversay!

happy2b…gw thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Happy Anniversary Mr. &Mrs. Annie!

• rubyclaire
    last year

No fair!! Hopefully, you will feel better quickly and be able to celebrate soon.

happy2b…gw thanked rubyclaire
  • pudgeder
    last year

Happy Golden Anniversary!!!

Hopefully, the C-vid will pass quickly.

happy2b…gw thanked pudgeder
  • Jasdip
    last year

I was thinking of relaxing my mask-wearing a few weeks ago, then my close friend contacted it. A client dropped of her dog for grooming, and the next day S. was feeling poorly. She had some rapid-tests at home and tested positive.

It really hit her, aches and pains all over, in bed sick, and lost her sense of taste and smell. 3 weeks of misery. She's out and about now, but hasn't regained her sense of smell nor taste completely......she squeezed an orange peel in her face and couldn't smell it, and salt and vinegar chips assaulted her senses smelling like ammonia.

So based on that, I'm masking everywhere still. I don't want to go through that.

Happy Anniversary to you and to Annie and her DH

• deegw
    last year

I'm so sorry! Sending healing vibes your way and hoping you will be able to properly celebrate your impressive anniversary very soon.

happy2b…gw thanked deegw
  • texanjana
    last year

Happy Anniversary! I’m so sorry you are sick. I hope your case is mild and that you can celebrate soon.

happy2b…gw thanked texanjana
  • gsciencechick
    last year

Happy 50th anniversary! I just traveled for my sister and BIL's 50th last weekend.

Just hope I didn't bring COVID home!

happy2b…gw thanked gsciencechick
  • maddielee
    last year

Happy Anniversary! Sorry you are ill.

I credit starting Paxlovid quickly for my fast and total recovery. Call your doctor and see what she/he recommends.

happy2b…gw thanked maddielee
  • nicole___
    last year

Happy 50th!

I'm sorry your sharing this memory with covid...

happy2b…gw thanked nicole___
  • phoggie
    last year

Sorry about your illness...speedy recovery. June 17 must have been a popular wedding date. If my husband was living, it would have been ours also!

happy2b…gw thanked phoggie
  • Adella Bedella
    last year

Yuck! I hope this is short lived for you. We had it for the first time last month. No one lost taste or smell. It felt like a relatively mild cold or flu. The hard part was getting our strength back and the lingering cough.

happy2b…gw thanked Adella Bedella
  • Rusty
    last year

I sincerely hope that the COVID stays mild and for a very short period of time.

And I hope you will have a very nice and appropriate 50th anniversary celebration when the COVID is gone.

Rusty

happy2b…gw thanked Rusty
  • jb1586
    last year

Happy 2b, we have it as well. We have been careful to the point of ridiculous, these past 2+years, but went to a wedding out of town last weekend and took our masks off for the reception. As we were masked for everything else during our travels, that is probably where we got it. My husband has mild symptoms, no fever, I have mild symptoms as well, but am still testing negative. And it was our anniversary this past week, as well (36th).

happy2b…gw thanked jb1586
  • foodonastump
    last year

Happy Anniversary to you, too, Annie.

Here’s an article about the essential oils. Nice to see they’re packaged as a kit now; I bought separately. I started using them around January, almost a year after having covid. My smell had come back some but was off, and I definitely noticed changes while using the oils. I could barely smell them when they first arrived, and within short time I was smelling them clearly and strongly.

https://www.enthealth.org/be_ent_smart/smell-retraining-therapy/

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

Sorry for the ’gift’ of Covid for your anniversary. Happy 50 year anniversary to you, and to Mr and Mrs Deighnaugh too. We celebrated an anniversary last week, although not a milestone. Spur of the moment Sunday we decided to take a road trip.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    last year

Happy2b, so sorry it caught up with you. I hope it stays mild and passes quickly.

Jasdip, my DD is still feeling effects from her case in January - brain fog type symptoms, a real struggle on top of her ADD. So, like you, I am still wearing my N95 mask everywhere indoors - and lately I seem to be just about the only one, although we have 16k-18k new cases a week in this state - that is, reported cases, I've no doubt that there are substantial numbers that aren't reported.

happy2b…gw thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • lily316
    last year

Sorry your 50th got pushed back by Covid but I'm sure your case will be mild with vaccines and boosters. Celebrate next week.

happy2b…gw thanked lily316
  • lascatx
    last year

Happy Anniversary, Happy2b! It's about the 50 years so much more than a single day or week, so don't let a virus dampen that. My anniversary was the 15th -- it wasn't what was planned either, so I'm taking a dose of my own advise.

I'm hearing about a lot of people who have avoided Covid getting it now, and most medical pros seem to believe that everyone will get it at least once. They say it is just so transmissible that avoiding it is not likely and being vaccinated is just that more important. Hope you can enjoy quiet time and reading and will soon be back to normal and whatever you had planned to celebrate.

happy2b…gw thanked lascatx