Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilykate7a

September rebloom continues

lilykate7a
last year
last modified: last year

August and September rains continue to push rebloom. Here are some of the better ones.

Exotic Starfish was not pretty in the heat in July. The reblooms have been gorgeous.

I think I am going to like Bold Approval

And I know I like Merlot on my Mind!

Indian Giver rarely reblooms

Shores of Time

Soli deo Gloria did not bloom until now

Final Touch-not rebloom

The Austin roses on fall flush

Unknown garden rose

And the worst bloom for last. This is Cloak and Veil that had first scapes chomped by deer. Rebloom has not been pretty but shows promise, I think, for next year.

Comments (15)

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    last year

Kate, I am so happy to see a new post here! Glad to see some rebloom…….to dry for any rebloom here. Spent a couple hours today and yesterday watering…….the weather person lies to me 😉

Exotic Starfish is indeed lovely today, a shame earlier blooms weren’t this nice. Bold Approval looks wonderful too. Indian Giver has never rebloomed here, it had a crumby season here for the first time.

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    last year

How nice, Kate! I especially like Bold Approval, Merlot on my Mind, and, of course, Exotic Starfish. Final Touch is always a pretty late one and aren't you glad the lovely Soli deo Gloria waited to bloom since this time of year beauty is especially appreciated. Rain does make a difference!

kay

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    last year

Sherry, it is amazing how much rain has fallen here in August and September after almost nothing in June/July. I had many to go summer/heat dormant and are now greening up nicely again. I think Indian Giver is doing a first-it has never reblomed. Sorry yours was subpar. You still have the prettiest photo of it I have ever seen!

Kay, you know how this rebloom goes!! There are still others putting up scapes. SDG has been blooming for a week and this is the best bloom; the others have been splotchy. You are so right. Rain, with it or without it , makes all the difference!!!

• Nancy 6b
    last year

Exotic Starfish usually reblooms here, but not this year. You have some beauties blooming. I only have Final Frontier and Midsummer A Woman's Work blooming now, although Mary's Baby is getting ready to rebloom. This may be the 1st time that one has rebloomed. Soli Deo Gloria is so pretty, love the roses.

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    last year

It’s funny, Nancy, about rebloom. I have never had Mary’s Baby rebloom. Kay’s Navajo Pony reblooms but mine never has.

SDG is one of those that, when it is splotch free, it is very pretty. However, most blooms have been very splotchy for me.

• Nancy 6b
    last year

Navajo Pony has always rebloomed til this year. It was getting crowded hard by a peony that I just moved last week. SDG was splotchy on initial blooms last 2 years, but after the 1st 3 or 4, was perfect. I don't have too much problems with splotchy flowers for some reason. Except for Born to Run, has years where only 1 or 2 nice blooms, but other years it is stunning. Thought I gave it away to to someone who wanted it for breeding, but up popped a couple of fans. Has not bloomed, but that must be what it is.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    last year

Beautiful! We added Exotic Starfish this year and can't wait to see it bloom. I also like Merlot on My Mind. I like the bold dark eye next to the pale throat!

Nancy

• shive
    last year

Exotic Starfish does have pretty colors in cooler temps. Shores of Time looks so pretty on rebloom. This is one of the few years my SOT has not rebloomed. I see Soli deo Gloria is a bit splotchy for you too. It's nice to have such pretty blooms in September.

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    last year

Wow that Exotic Starfish!!!!! Shores of Time is nice. My Indian Giver often reblooms but not this year. Good to see a new post of flowers!

Brad

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    last year

Nancy, I am sure you will enjoy Exotic Starfish-it is hard to capture these colors.

Debra, I always like to see the soft pretty pink of SOT. It sometimes gets lost in the hectic bloom season.

Thanks Brad. I miss all our flower posts!

• mantis__oh
    last year

So often, those isolated reblooms can be nicer than the first flush. Here too, it was a good year for Soli Deo Gloria, though one would certainly wish a bit more height (not to mention vigor). Exotic Starfish here has had a low scape-to- fan ratio. Celeste might be able to identify the rose. (Hybridizing has taken her time, I guess, or perhaps personal issues.) Does the rose become pure white? Might be Tranquility.

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    last year

Mantis, the rose does indeed turn pure white although the opening buds are blush pink. It has been in my garden for over twenty years.

• mantis__oh
    last year

Aha, it's White Gold.

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    last year

Oh, it could be!!! I just looked it up-checks all the boxes. It is nice to put a name to it. Thank you!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last year

I agree that Cloak and Veil has possibilities next year. Soli Deo Gloria looks very good. Very little blotching which I hear it is prone to. Indian Giver is another pretty purple for you. It was one of the first daylilies I tried years ago. Didn't do well for me unfortunately......We are still in our drought cycle. I'm getting bone weary of watering every single day..............Maryl