Software
Houzz Logo Print
lkeener

Matching Tempest Blue Quartzite in the Kitchen

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I fell in love with a slab of Tempest Blue Quartzite and want to use it in our kitchen remodel. My thought right now is that it would look best as a backsplash/feature wall. For countertops and the island I was thinking something in the almond/beige family to match but would love it to look natural (maybe honed quartz? or limestone?) and not shiny. Looking for a more rustic look..We also have sanded cabinets that can be stained in any shade. I'd love to hear your thoughts as to what materials and shades may complement this slab. Thank you!



Comments (7)

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    "My thought right now is that it would look best as a backsplash/feature wall"

    Nope, tops only. In fact I would probably put that on my island and different simpler granite on the perimeter. Definitely no to combining it with any Quartz, never real next to imitation in anything of it can be avoided.

  • PRO
    3 years ago

    I might go for a soapstone instead of a beige, but you'd have to get samples to see what works best for the counters. Matching colors on a computer screen is never accurate. What wood species are your cabinets? If they are oak, I'd probably just do a clearcoat and be done.

    lkeener thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    You have similar taste to me, lol - love your slab! Our remodel has been pushed back because of the disaster with our roof, but we are going with soapstone counters with our quartzite island.

    lkeener thanked akrogirl32
  • 3 years ago

    That's a beautiful stone! It's so dramatic that I'd use it only on horizontal surfaces. I think it would overwhelm as a backsplash. I'd keep everything else calm so the stone can be the focus.

    lkeener thanked Linda
  • 3 years ago

    We are also using a slab of Tempest Blue but we’re putting on our island. Our stone works has it listed as granite. The island will be a medium wood color with white cabinets. Counters we are doing Quartz calacatta valentin. It is a little off white and will take that up the wall on two sides. We also fell in love with our piece…feels more like art vs a counter. Good luck!

  • 3 years ago

    We bought Tempest Blue for our island, and our stone supplier recommended this simple quartz for the perimeter to go with it - Polarstone Quartz in Maison color. Its a gray with calm blue veining. It goes really well and doesn't compete. We went with Polished finish in both. My house is still under construction don't have a photo of both together for you yet. but here's the Polarstone Maison quartz slab photo.

    .