MailOrder JM Rootball Expectations
Just a mail order JM delivery musing of the day
Received a 3G order.
Tag shows 3G.
Shipping was great. Not a broken branch of leaf to be seen.
I attest to the quality of the box it was shipped.
This was -extra heavy duty grade- cardboard quality.
Base on some mail order JM's I have received, the thickeness/dentproofness would easily be 2X or better.
The nursery did go the extra mile with their packaging material for sure !
I'm new to buying JM's but trunk size and height looks like a 3G
But....the dang rootball medium is a 2G
I thought I needed a eye checkup as it came *bagged rootball*, no container. I place it in a 3G pot and it's like a size 34 pants when the waist is like a 18..
I grab a #2 pot and it's a #2 sized
So if the listing is for a #3, do you *expect* 3G worth of roots or just a fairly decent #3 sized plant...
I removed said plant and gave the sides a hand scarify. And whatever on the bottom fell loose.
It's more like a # 1 1/2 G rootball. Sizewise of the plant, it's along the lines of a #3 I think. Not alot of JM under by buying belt to use as a comparison .
I snapped a pic before even teasing/scarifying the rootball medium
This is in a #3
tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
Related Professionals
Ashland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Salt Lake City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Jackson Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hackettstown Landscape Contractors · Scranton Landscape Contractors · Evanston Landscape Contractors · Vidalia Architects & Building Designers · Poplar Bluff Architects & Building Designers · Ardmore Architects & Building Designers · Murfreesboro Architects & Building Designers · Frisco Architects & Building Designers · Alpena Architects & Building Designers · Lansing Architects & Building Designers · Winona Architects & Building Designers · Portland Architects & Building Designers