Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilykate7a

Clumps and friends

lilykate7a
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

Lots of plants are showing nice clumps

Kensington Plantation-I love the varying bits of pink that show up in these blooms

Enter Laughing-shows a clump like this every day

Asheville White Winged Dove

Isabelle Rose-I thought scapes were going to be limited but it sent up three more

Debra’s white seedling has been a prolific bloomer

Spider Miracle

And Spider Miracle in a close up-love the green

Tall Dark Stranger

Jazz Me Blues

Blushing Escapade

Dance With Somebody

Voila Francois-I would love to have this form in every color! Lol

Mister Mayor

Crystal Rubies

Cloud of Witnesses

We rent our pasture land to our neighbor rancher (yes the one that had the rogue cow in my garden) and I love the first cutting of hay. We have what looks like tall grass and weeds for a lawn until then.

Comments (9)

• organic_kitten
    11 months ago

Very pretty! I love Isabella rose and Enter Laughing with clumps every day? You couldn't ask more from a plant. I really like Jazz Me Blues. Spider Miracle is a prettyone and Mr. Mayer is having a great year.

kay

• shive
    11 months ago

Kensington Plantation is just wonderful with those hints of pink in it! Enter Laughing makes an impressive clump, and so does Ashville White Winged Dove. I'm glad the white seedling is producing lots of blooms for you. I have several small clumps of it, and only one of them is doing well this year. Jazz Me Blues and Cloud of Witnesses caught my eye too!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    11 months ago

Pictures must have been taken quite early, as many aren't fully open. I like Kensington, but wonder what happens as the day progresses. Lots of cultivars here that thrive in the North, such as Mister Mayor, but not Voila. Spider Miracle can be nice here, though it had its bad years.

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Kay, it is nice to have some that have massive clumps every day as long as the bud count is high!!

Debra, the white seedling has been very good this year. It does not have much ruffling this year but has bloomed well.

Mantis, I checked the time on the photos and two were taken at 6:50 and the others between 7 and 7:15. I don’t have a picture of the KP bloom late in the day but I think I remember it holds up well although the pink fades. On its first bloom I thought how much it looked like Memphis.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    11 months ago

Beautiful clumps. Crystal Rubies and Spider Miracle are my favorites today. I didn't think I would care for the greenish yellow ones until we got Green Arrow. They sure show up across the garden. I love the shape of Spider Miracle too.

Nancy

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 months ago

Great post. I did grow Enter Laughing (Mason) in NY and it was very hardy and put out a lot of blooms. Nice pic of it. I love that garden scene with the background.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    11 months ago

As I recall, you have to take early pictures because of work. For me, 9:30 is early. I don't get the best pictures till after 10.

I see that Kensington has Victorian Lace in its parentage. I am a big fan of VL, so that's a plus for me.

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Nancy, I know what you mean by the green ones but I have come to appreciate them.

Julia, I remember your NY garden pictures of Enter Laughing. When Melanie Mason had her closing sale I made sure it was on my list. It has not disappointed.

Mantis, if I waited until after 10 to take pictures, my purples and reds would already be fading in my heat and humidity!! :) I looked at KP today ay 7:30 p.m. and the substance held up well in a 92 degree heat day. It did fade to almost near white but form and substance were still good.

• Brad KY 6b
    10 months ago

What a great bunch of flowers, lots of nice clumps.

Your Spider Miracle looks great and has lots of buds. I've moved mine different places over the years but have never had a lot of buds but I really enjoy it with all that green.

Blushing Escapade and Tall Dark Stranger are really great colors.

Brad