Software
Houzz Logo Print
becky_s_morrell

Laminate with Top-Mounted Sink to Quartz with Undermounted Sink

3 years ago




I'm replacing laminate countertops and an old top-mounted stainless steel apron front kitchen sink with quartz countertops with a new undermounted stainless steel sink apron front kitchen sink (same size 33 x 20). A technician from the stone company who came to measure advised that the cabinet under the sink would need to be modified (cut down) because the new undermounted sink would sit lower than the current sink, which sits on the countertop. The current sink is 9 inches deep in front and 9.25 inches in the center. The technician also said that the old sink needs to be removed and the new sink, with cabinet modifications, needs to be in place before he can take laser measurements.


I would like to know if apron front sinks have different depths, and, if so, where could I purchase a sink with a shorter depth that would fit in my cabinet? Thanks in advance. Photos attached.

Comments (7)