Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_570180435

Help redecorate living room

HU-570180435
3 months ago

Space is 18 x 18 with lots of openings. sofa is only piece that stays. I think id like a cream colored chairs. at life stage that small recliners would be nice but must swivel for tv viewing need new chairs , new rug, tables & to arrange walls id like to start at basic with furniture ideas

Comments (11)

• PRO
    lisedv
    3 months ago

Here are a few ideas for your living room...

HU-570180435 thanked lisedv
  • HU-787865715
    3 months ago

Take your time and start with one piece. The room wants a large rug 12x9 ish and that’s what I would start with. FInd one you love in colors you love. Once you find that it will lead you to the other pieces. In any event, keep the dog! He/she will go with anything!

HU-570180435 thanked HU-787865715
  • HU-570180435
    Original Author
    3 months ago

there are two dogs in that photo! the one closesto sofa is senior we adopted 6 mo ago. i was thinking aboit a natural fiber rug . i like

• HU-570180435
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Lisedv thanks that is ths layoout ive used. i had a 9 x 12 rug & want another or a 10x 12

• PRO
    lisedv
    3 months ago

A natural fibre rug isn't a good idea especially with a senior dog who might have accidents eventually. They don't wash or clean. The one I suggested is by Ruggable and it's machine washable/dryable but perhaps not at home in the size you need (check their website). There are synthetic sisals, take a look at the Ravenna on this website:

https://www.synsisal.com/

• HU-570180435
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I like the ruggable rug. the rug you shared on post is great. the rug i had was 9x12 and placed the length running from sofa to entertainment center The tile is light reddish

• blubird
    3 months ago

It looks as if this room has walkways to other rooms. I would consider moving the sofa forward closer to the fireplace which would affect the size of the rug you need, so that you could acccess that room to the left of the fireplace without walking over the rug. In addition, there appears to be another room to the right of the entertainment piece which also may affect rug size Of course, if those are rooms you don't go into often then disregard.

• PRO
    lisedv
    3 months ago

Bluebird just mentioned an idea I like and here's the plan:

• HU-570180435
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Main traffic pattern in from kitchen to bedroom which goes right in front of fireplace . the comfort chairs id like seem like they will be to crampled . the layout is really a nightmare because every corner is open to another area . i have been thinking about getting rid of the entertainment center. we debating moving tv. have discussed putting tv on wall behind the gold chair as there is less traffic in that way. the paint is looking gold but its much softer . painting is a not in this project maybe in summer

• HU-570180435
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I think lot would be solved if tv was on fireplace wall but not sure we want that . we like the eye level view when seated