Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_480850172

Exterior help please! Split level home

Kiara Rodriguez
last month

Hi. im trying to find a way to upgrade this exterior. any sugestions would be greatly appreciated! i love the house but dont love the exterior. thank you!

Comments (9)

• la_la Girl
    last month

Pretty house! i’d be tempted to add a pergola/arbor over the garage door and train some vines up it to soften that part of the home

Kiara Rodriguez thanked la_la Girl
  • jackowskib
    last month

It looks nice and well kept, but a lot of (yawn) grey. What are you willing to change?

Kiara Rodriguez thanked jackowskib
  • rinked
    last month
    last modified: last month

Start with simple things: Remove the shutters. Move the palm over at least one foot, so the footpath to the door will be opened up. Remove the tiny shrubs along the path and either make the lawn bump against it or plant some creepers (thyme), maybe even widen the path to pull the attention to your front door instead of the garage.

• kandrewspa
    last month

If it makes you feel any better, I think this is one of the better looking split-levels I have seen. :-)

Kiara Rodriguez thanked kandrewspa
  • cat_ky
    last month

I love split levels and yours is very nice looking. I would add a bit more color, so it stands out a bit more, but, mostly, I would worry about those palm trees being so close to the house, and the leaves are all over the roof, and could damage the roof. They look to big to move, and they are pretty, so I hate to say it, but, it may be a good idea to cut them down, and replant new ones, further away from the house, so they are not causing damp, and also damage to the roof or house.

Kiara Rodriguez thanked cat_ky
  • Kiara Rodriguez
    Original Author
    last month

I think the main thing i dont love is just how eye catching the garage part is. i am int in painting the top level. and changing the paint on the shutters/replacing them or removing them. and i want to square the columns.

• chispa
    last month

Looks like FL? The house looks fine, but you can definitely take the landscaping up a notch.

Front Yard Design · More Info

Palm Beach Landscape Color · More Info

Clean Lined Jupiter Landscape · More Info

Essence of Florida ( LANDSCAPE) · More Info

Colorful Curb Appeal · More Info

Sanctuary Gardens Projects · More Info

Kiara Rodriguez thanked chispa
  • Sigrid
    last month

I'd paint the house all the same color for a more cohesive look and paint the shutters a brighter color. I'd paint the garage door the same color as the siding, too.

Kiara Rodriguez thanked Sigrid