Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_723854

Exterior paint color?

Nikki10e
last month

What color should I paint my exterior? We plan to wrap the columns and add a little pergola with railing around the porch. We are open to masonry paint on the lights as well….

Comments (8)

• Elizabeth K
    last month

A French Blue (Ash Grey Blue) shade might look gorgeous with the ash in your brick, white accents and any wood hue in the Pergola!

• J F
    last month

A deep green

• millworkman
    last month

" We plan to wrap the columns and add a little pergola with railing around the porch "

What material type? What color will these be?

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    last month

Are you keeping the brown roof? If so, pick a color to coordinate with it; since the roof is low it’s a very visible feature of the house. How about a soft and dull sage green?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month

Where could you possibly put a pergola and why . Post the drawing of that plan here in a comment DO NOT start another post . Painting stone is never a good idea either .

• cat_ky
    last month

I cant picture a pergola on the front of your house . Maybe think,long and hard about that. I like the idea of larger posts, but, you do need to consider, whether larger posts are going to block your front window too much. Maybe just paint the posts the trim color, so they kind of disappear, is a better option. I would repaint the house. Pick a color from the brick on your light posts for the house color. I would also add the railing on the porch. The drop is just enough that it is a safety hazard.

• PRO
    Stearns Design Build
    last month

Hello!

I am really drawn to and inspired by the beautiful stone you have at the front of your home. I think gray would be a great color to use on your home. There is a lot of variety within that color, so I would suggest drawing inspiration from the gray colors found in those stones in your landscaping. This will also help connect that landscaping feature to your home better, which will create a more cohesive look for your home.

While having a brown roof isn't necessarily my first choice for a gray colored home, it can still look great if you choose the right shade of gray. With such a warm color for the roof, you definitely want to stick with grays that warmer in hue. To help steer you in the right direction, a few colors I might suggest would be Wish AF-680 by Benjamin Moore or Angelica AF-665 by Benjamin Moore. Another suggestion would be to take a few stones and hold them up to the house to see if any of those colors look good to you and choose a paint color that matches that particular stone.

Here are a few reference photos of gray houses with brown roofs that look beautiful:

I hope this helps!

-Preston

Designer, Stearns Design Build

www.stearnsdesignbuild.com

• Nikki10e
    Original Author
    last month

Here is an angle that would show where the proposed pergola and railing would be