Shop Products
sherrygirl5

Some first blooms from up north

A handful of daylilies started blooming this week. All had good first blooms!

Through Dark Waters started with a double bloom. The scapes are all at least 8” taller this srason.

Going Bananas started today with a double bloom. The bud count isnt great but it has so many scapes I am pleased. This will be it best season ever.

First bloom on Anzac today. This old daylily blooms well in the shade on the north side of my house. It will have a good season, its a bit early.

Stephanie Returns started a few days ago. Im waiting for some nice clump shots from it.

Tyger River has a low bud count again, its not in the best spot here. Another Hensley with less than average performance for me.

This crazy Fernstone continues to impress after being moved to the worst spot in my gardens.

Ruby Slippers oak leaf hydrangea. I will add another photo when the blooms change color.

Sherry

• last month

I like all the Hydrangea clan. Aside from the blooms they have really nice foliage no matter what the species is. Some plants have nice blooms but ratty foliage. I look forward to the change of color on your Oak Leaf blooms as they age...........Stephanie Returns is always intriguing with those subtle color variations and Through Dark Waters looking very good for you............Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • last month

Ruby Slippers is very nice, with striking foliage and blooms. Tyger River was problematic here too. It was Selman's decision to introduce it, I assume from the registration.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • last month

Through Dark Waters looks very nice and I always like Fernstone. I am glad you found a place it likes. Tyger River always has a good bloom count here, so that is surprising and it is in a very bad place here. I like Anzac too. I still have the first daylily I ever purchased though I have no idea what the name is since I just wanted pretty flowers then...you know, before the addiction began.

kay

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked organic_kitten
  • last month

Going Bananas is very bright and cheerful. Daylilies have a mind of their own when it comes to performance and location! Love the hydrangea!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked lilykate7a
  • last month

Fern Stone looks great! It's obvious she thinks the worst place in the garden is the best. LOL Tyger River and Through Dark Waters attract my attention too!

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • last month

These are a nice start for you! Thru Dark Waters and Tyger River are my favorites!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • last month

Stephanie Returns is my favorite today. We love those reverse bitones.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • last month

Such a nice start to the season! Sounds like your season is going to be better than here. Scapes have been shorter, flowers smaller and fewer, fewer scapes too.

Fern Stone did the best this year in my garden. It was on its way out, but got a reprieve.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • last month

Looks like your season is doing quite well. The oakleaf hydrangea variety is one my daughter keeps telling me to get. I don't have a lot of shade here so have held off getting one. Looking forward to seeing the color change on yours.

Julia

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Julia WV (6b)