Software
Houzz Logo Print
adhsu

Tiling design advice

2 years ago

Hi all! Needing some feedback. Working on a kitchen remodel and I'm planning to tile the wall behind the floating shelves all the way up to the ceiling. Question is, how do I handle the return on the wall where the window is. Do I just leave it drywall? Do I tile it partway up to the bottom of the first shelf? If so do I end it where the front of the shelf ends, or wrap it around the window frame? Do I use the countertop material instead with a little 3" apron or some other configuration?

Or do I just tile the whole window wall up to the ceiling as well? Second image shows that wall (under construction) with the window and sliding doors. So more options are to tile everything above the counter and stop at the doors.. or do I tile even around doors?

Any ideas welcome! Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)