Software
Houzz Logo Print
debeeloo

Need suggestion for bathroom wall

13 years ago
We just redid our modest master bath . We went very rustic looking which we love! But need help for something on back wall above toilet !

Comments (16)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Love the rustic look going in this room! The only thing I can think of for that wall right now is a splash of color with a picture that has a frame to coordinate with your mirror. Play up the colors in the tile and the wall. A huge part of me wanted to suggest an iron piece......scroll work in a Pottery Barn style........as it seems to fit this room.......brown iron......but I usually get a boo and a hiss when I do that!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Boo, hiss @abbyjean! Lol but like the idea of large picture, whether framed or canvass wrapped
  • 13 years ago
    I love it. What about a cabinet but high enough so no one bumps their head. What is the color on the walls? I've been looking for that effect. Also, where did you buy the vanity. Thanks.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    There......now I can relax as RosemaryR gave me that boo and hiss, but ya know......think about it.......the right scroll work ADDS to the wall and does not fight with anything in there.

    Is this home in a rural area? Find a pic that plays that up......cows maybe!!! I have seen some awesome peacocks and zebras and elephants on this site, so why not a sepia cow!!! Or horse! Or TREE.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You have done a FAB job. If you don't need more storage, I would avoid a cabinet which can be heavy looking.

    My thinking is same as abbyjean - I would look for metal art, which would really work with what your design so far. I am not booing & hissing!

    I am attaching a few images of metal art I have used in client spaces. Have fun searching out the right piece for your style. Target, TJMaxx, are great sources of inexpensive wall art. Pier 1 often has lovely metal art
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Given the weight of the large shower, double vanity and large mirror on the opposite walls plus the casual style, I suggest some floating shelves that can hold a variety of items. They would provide enough balance to that side of the room yet not bulk.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Really doesn't matter where you live, the fixtures and pulls are chrome. It's a transitional bathroom. I would do wallpaper or art work. Careful on the whimsical, it can get childish real quick in a small room. Good Luck!
  • 13 years ago
    Since it's not possible ever to have too much storage (and I'm not high on metal "art"), I would add rustic floating shelves:
  • 13 years ago
    Well, I'm with Abbiejean on the metal scroll work -- could look lovely and give the wall weight to balance the other side. If doing storage, put it off to the side closer to those plugs, but put art over the Toilet to give the guys something to look at that's interesting....and reflects well in the mirror for the ladies. I trust the bottom half of that window is frosted to such...
  • 13 years ago
    I LOVE the tree that Sharon posted for this room!!!!! AND what fun to find others that love scroll work!!!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    It looks like you could use a little more light in this bathroom ,the ones on he ceiling don't seem to be enough and if applying makeup one would need more of a direct light ,I found these as an example, for the rest I will see what I can find .

    Contemporary Hall · More Info


    for above the toilet ,I was thinking of adding a shelf to keep extra towels on and soaps and above the shelf hang one of these

    Foremost TREW2428 Haven Wall Cabinet in Espresso · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Rustic shelves would be cool, or, for an off the wall idea, continue the floors up the wall.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    For your towel next to the sink
    Invisia Towel Bar · More Info
    ]


    The hook that you have already is too high and too small.
  • 13 years ago
    The tile is the shower are really beautiful! I would bring some of that out into the room.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for everyone's help! I especially love the pix where u dubbed in the floating shelves!!
    The vanity handles & knobs are pewter w/copper accents. Floor is porcelain tile that looks like wood (and we did a heated floor)
    Shower is slate enhanced shower & sink fixtures brushed nickle and the cabinet is an expresso stained cherry made by Benchmark- our contractor sells these- really love the room! Earthy & ours!!