Software
Houzz Logo Print
thefoxesnest

Too Rug or No Rug? That is the question. Rug Help Please!

6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

Good afternoon all,

It’s been so long since I’ve posted here that the last time that I posted it was still Garden Web lol!

The kids are all grown so Im back to decorating our 1910 home. The design style that I am leaning into I‘d describe as Grimm’s Fairytale. Think The Addam’s Family meets Alice In Wonderland all grown up and super suspicious if that makes sense. Our home still has all of the original stained glass windows, hardware and Victorian details sprinkled thought-out and that’s what I’m trying to lean into.


Over the last few weekends I got our 4’x5’ vestibule wallpapered, ceiling painted and wall sconces up.






I’m stuck on a washable rug for the space. Maybe I don’t even need one?


The first rug that I got we loved & thought fit perfect design and color wise but the 2’x 3’ scale was off in the space. Rug color and pattern is the last pic in the this trio:


We found that a 4’ round fit better visually size wise but I am not happy with the rug that just came. The vibe is off - can’t put my finger on what or why. Thoughts?


I’d love your feedback on Rug or No Rug?

If yes to rug, can you help me find something that looks and fits better?

Comments (20)