Software
Houzz Logo Print
vacaytime

How to layout this room with the odd recess?

last month
last modified: last month

I am working on a layout for this living space in my apartment at my son’s new place. I am doing paint and changing lighting, but the fireplace and floors will remain as they are. A corner fireplace is not my favorite thing, but I can work with it. I’m trying to decide on what type of seating for the area where I will watch tv and read. I will occasionally have a friend or 2 visit, and my grandkids will spend the night occasionally, but it will just be me for the most part. Pics 1-2 are the from the listing. They had the sofa at an angle, which I will not be doing. My plan is to put the TV on the wall to the left of the fireplace.





Should I put the sofa against that wall opposite where I’m putting the TV? My issue is that a decent sized sofa will extend past the end of the wall and be hanging out in front of the recess.

Or do I pull the seating totally away from that wall and float it in the space and have a walkway behind the sofa?







Comments (7)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz