Software
Houzz Logo Print
dan_komaromi

Hiding seam on granite using sharpie pen or artist materials?

13 years ago
We have a large island and it's going to have a crazy looking quartzite coutertop. We he had to put it on two slabs to make it fit. Here is a photo from the cutting table, this is how the frabricator is going to join the seams. This is the best we can do. I read that some people use a sharpie pen to extend lines to make seams blend in better. So this gives me the idea.. what if I do some artistry at the seam with some shades of brown.. using some kind of artist material? This quartzite has such a crazy pattern I doubt anyone would notice that it was painted on there. In fact maybe I can just spill a cup of coffee onto the seam and then seal it in. :) But what I would need to make sure is that whatever artist material is used would not smudge or look strange once sealer is applied, that it would look natural. Or maybe I should leave it alone?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County