Software
Houzz Logo Print
stylishninjaz

Faux

13 years ago
Faux? Pleas say yes...
Blue Morpho Portis Species Framed Butterfly · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    This is a real butterfly that has been raised on a farm. Butterfly farming is an important tool in rainforest conservation (and for the supply of butterflies in flying butterfly exhibits). If you want to learn more about the important ecological and economic impacts it has on rainforest populations (both animal and human) -- google "butterfly farming". thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    Yah!! Thx so much!
  • 11 years ago

    Don't you think that by selling butterflies you are encouraging poachers to do the same thing? I boycott any store that sells butterflies no matter how ethically they say they are obtained.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    HI Dar. I appreciate your concern. Butterflies taken from the wild are rarely in a condition for framing as they have too many imperfections. Poaching usually happens with rare or endangered butterflies, which are illegal to sell in the US. I encourage you to research butterfly farming (like I said in the previous comment) as it is a conservation tool endorsed by biologists and used by many conservation organizations - and very effective at preserving vulnerable habitat. I have a Masters Degree in Conservation biology which focused on insect conservation so very educated (and respected) with the work I do. I encourage you to research this topic more and contact me with any more questions you have. - Kevin