Software
Houzz Logo Print
liztiesi

Ship Lap Source

Hi, can you tell me the manufacturer or source for the Ship Lap? I have a client who is interested in using it in their project.

Beautiful work! Thanks, Liz Tiesi, threshold interiors nyc
Residence in South Egremont, Massachusetts · More Info

Comments (8)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Liz, the shiplap is poplar that was "pickled" [white paint, wipe it on, wipe if off] and it was locally sourced by the builder.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thanks!
  • 11 years ago

    I am having trouble finding novelty siding, Is it exterior siding that you have decided to use on the interior?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Yes, it is.


  • 11 years ago

    I have done some research on this since getting limited responses. I think you could get the same effect with using german lap or cove lap pine siding although if you could find it in poplar without knots that would be better. You may have to contact a mill to get this.

  • 10 years ago

    I came across a similar product by Woodhaven, it is a type of siding that can be used interior or exterior and is available in a rough sawn or smooth appearance. They have it listed under "Adirondack Siding" on the website.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    It may make it easier for some. This isn't shiplap. It is channel.