Software
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_biddle

Need help with kitchen countertop

12 years ago
What color countertop should I use in my kitchen that has white appliances and white tile floor and oak cabinets
Swanson · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Sandy! Take a look at our various color options for our Dimensions line. The great part of VT's Dimensions is that they take the look of natural surfaces and combines it with the enhanced performance of laminate; very cost-effective. Some of our favorite finishes are: Dolce Vida, Golden Mascarello and Blue Storm. They would all look great with your white appliances and oak cabinets.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would suggest one of two options: something in golden color with lots of contrast against the white cabinets and backsplash: I like Golden Crystal, Magma Gold & Cream Leaf. The other way to go is a clean all-white look - for this I'd either go with a white quartz (like Caesarstone's Misty Carrera) or white carrara marble. If you are going to do marble in your kitchen, make sure to at least get honed material - if you're in the DC area, we do a special acid-wash finish to keep etching stains away.
  • 12 years ago
    I would use a light color counter. Try to pull some of the white from your appliances, which will be the closest to the counters. Granite is a good choice if you also, want to pull the color of your cabinets into the counter. Be careful some of the granite can be very expensive. However, they do have remments, if you don't need large pieces, which can save you $$$$, if you go for the more exotic colors. Good luck.