margo_corpening

RANDOM HOUZZ TRENDS ON NATIONAL LEVEL

As anyone, who is anyone, knows Random Craziness Houzz sold for a historical record high due to the sheer genius that it contained. Real estate agents from across the lands have clamored for a challenge of all Houzz commenters to bring forth another masterpiece for the world. As always a word of caution: This thread is not for the faint of heart....who shall enter??

Comments (1.7K)

• roxsol

LOL...that looks so appetizing!

• havingfun

only if it is a meatloaf margo!

ann, yes, but i also know who is the primary. last time they came in and told those of us remaining to play nice. Australia totally protects her. the last big attack and threats, like 2 months ago? luke wrote me and wanted to know what i did and started following me that day. i was pissed. do you know his face book page is all about making fun of trump? i think as a community mgr for more than one country. well manners and decorum are just lost.

during my major problems earlier this year nothing but empty promises and one offer for something special was all that happened when i spoke privately. hence the reason i started putting things first in houzz and then in other. I finally got some results. there are many things that were never explained, but getting myself back was major. I think we should post and make it a poll, so they can vote anonmously. and write comments. I will sign a letter if you want. i just don't think it will have a great affect. i think the fact these are coming back over and over is a miracle.

Houzzing by Geography - Links to Local Discussions Here!

Your email provider is the one that has the Spam or Junk folder not your ipad or any thing you use to look at your webpages. I get notifications to my email address regularly but only in this last week did it play up, which I suspect was a Houzz problem not any thing I had or had not done. If you go to your email provider's home page or even just google your email provider to find out how to see if your email notifications are going to your spam or junk folder, you might find that is where they are going instead. I look at my spam folder in Yahoo email (which is my main email provider) and tick the email which might have ended up there by mistake and you then click it to 'this is not spam' and it then goes to the correct folder for me to look at. Yahoo often makes boo boos with emails i have been getting for years ending up in the spam folder. Anyway, Karemore, I look like a ghost with my lily white skin so I KNOW how it feels to be one! Hee hee.

POLL: Favorite Design Era

I don't have a favorite style, per se, but I generally try to take out anything in a design that doesn't absolutely have to be there. My personal style would be something approaching minimalism, but of a kind that is supportive of daily life.

Any regular Houses on Houzz

I do agree with those of you who have stated a point is being missed from the original comment. Granted, I also love looking at pictures on here but I come here simply to get ideas for my "regular home" which I rarely end up finding. It is very frustrating when I just want to see what my entryway would look like if I repainted the door a different color and when I try to search for ideas the only pictures I find are of million dollar homes. Someone should create a site specifically for real people with regular houses.

POLL:How would you liven up your bedroom?

I would like to paint the accent wall black in my bedroom (which I share with my older sister). Right now it is purple stripes, same colour, but every other one is glossy. That is actually my favourite part of my room right now, but I want to change it because purple isn't my favourite colour.
  • havingfun

how does everyone make meatloaf? randomly asked Brew haha!

• roxsol

Lean ground beef, egg, bread crumbs,salt, pepper, chopped onion, chopped garlic

Bake for 1.5 hours or so. Enjoy with HP sauce.

• roxsol

Margo, I am still studying Meat Mouse's feet. I think those are chicken feet.

My MIL used to put those aside after butchering chickens. She would boil them and eat them! The kids, during chicken butchering would each take a raw chicken foot and chase each other around, pulling the tendon inside the foot to make the claws open and close. Fun was had by all.

• karemore55
    I came up with an idea last night.....how about I set up a thread in Other petitioning Houzz to consider changing their flagging protocol? People could comment on it, or at least add their name if they support the idea? Then after a few days, we can just flag our own thread to submit it?
  • karemore55
    Having, that is shocking - what you said about Luke. I know it's been hard for you.
  • karemore55
    Roxsol, I somewhat kind of follow a Paleo diet...they are big on making homemade bone broth, not just for the usual nutrients, but also the collagen which we otherwise don't usually get in our diets. Anyway, apparently chicken feet are a rich source of collagen, and they advise tossing them into the broth while it cooks. All I can say is eeuw! Never will I ever! Lol
  • roxsol

All that I can say about that is, my MIL never had a grey hair (she gave a few) and had a full head of black hair and beautiful skin until she died at around the age of 85.

She also ate raw garlic like she was eating grapes.

• karemore55
    I think your MIL was onto something. I like the part about her giving gray hairs, though....would you care to expand on that?
  • roxsol

I picked up my parking meter this past weekend. It's in my garage until I place it in my yard in the spring.

• roxsol

OH Kare, I adored my MIL but she was passive-aggressive annoying. She loved to give orders because she felt with age, came seniority. She was a hard worker but only worked on things that interested her. She lost her right hand at the age of 18 which delayed her getting married until she was 30.

• karemore55
    Wow, at those rates that can only be an Edmonton parking meter lol.
  • havingfun

eeeewwwww margo, roxsy, and kare! worse than my blood and tongue story.

Kare all you have to do is look at his facebook page. i am not going to say i am enamored with trump but it is our trump. and as a customer service type person for multiple countries one should show more respect.

kare, i do not mind going public i doubt anyone will be surprised at my opinion. but i think you might want to run a poll, so the lurkers will participate.

margo, i knew i was missing something. the show is supposed to based on what phil did before what he does now. the roll is very, arent i greater than sliced white bread?! Although i feel i give phil his due, i have also seen him railroad, imo, others who are weaker in their emotions.

My meatloaf - ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion/garlic powder, pepper. mix, roll out in a baking pan. spread with mustard, 1-2 cans sliced mushrooms - no salt, shredded or sliced cheese, i like a strong one like swiss. fold over bake 20-30 min at 375.

roxsy what is hp?

• karemore55
    I remember seeing in a decorating magazine a backyard pond that had an upside down mannequin in it. The mannequin had flippers on his/her feet. At the time I thought it looked so cool, but I've since moved on in my tastes lol.
  • karemore55
    So, where exactly are you going to put that parking meter?
  • ladma
    I use ground turkey, eggs, seasoned bread crumbs, ketchup, a little garlic powder.
  • roxsol

• roxsol

LOL Kare, you are way more advanced in your tastes than I.

I plan to put it in the driveway where guests like to park.

• roxsol

HF, and there is something not quite right with Dr. Phil's wife.

• karemore55
    Haha! I wonder if your guests will oblige? You may have to be ready to hand out tickets!
  • karemore55
    Are there some comments missing? I'm especially wondering about your random comment to HF about Dr. Phil's wife? Also Depot reciting the ingredients for meatloaf, and you posting the Worcestershire sauce label? I'm scratching my head here.
  • karemore55
    Sorry - ladma, not Depo. Need to wash my eyeballs so I can see better lol.
  • havingfun

wait, hp is same as worcestershire sauce?

kare, we have an ongoing discussion about meatloaf. and the show bull which is supposedly about dr. phil.

and yes, roxsy, every year she looks like someone applied another thicker meat mask to her face. eewwwww!

• karemore55
    Oh, I get it......all these comments are stemming from Having's comment from a ways back, which I somehow missed. I feel better now.....I think I'm starting to get paranoid with all the flagging going on and thought someone was messing with us!
  • karemore55
    I might go to Urban Barn today and look at pillows and also benches. Then maybe over to Pier One to see if they have fake wheat sheafs. And then BB&B for a new feather duster, as mine broke awhile back. I might. It's either that or vacuum and clean bathrooms.
  • karemore55
    Having, that was my mistake about the Worcestershire sauce...I had to go check in the fridge to confirm, but HP is indeed a different sauce. I seriously question what is up with my brain this morning?
  • karemore55
    Michael Weatherly played such a cocky character in NCIS, which I quite liked. But then, he was balanced by a good cast of other personalities so that cockiness wasn't too in-your-face. But, now he's the star of Bull......so maybe too much of a good thing is a bad thing?
  • roxsol

HP sauce is not Worcestershire sauce...it is more like A1 Sauce but a kazillion times better.

Husband and I are going to see the late matinee show of The Magnificent Seven.

Kare, I vote for the shopping!

• karemore55
    Is this a remake of The Magnificent Seven? I am very out of the loop when it comes to movies.
  • roxsol

Yes Kare it is. Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt and Ethan Hawke are in it.

• Ann

HF, thanks for all the useful info about your previous contacts with Houzz.

Karemore, I think the poll is a very interesting idea and it would be just fine if it got flagged for Houzz to see, lol!

My meatloaf is similar to others that posted. Lean ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and a little ketchup on top. Sounds good too. Maybe I'll make it soon.

• ladma
    Kare, to day is national meatloaf day. Hence the recipes....
  • Margo

Now I suppose everyone has left ;(. I have never made meatloaf, but my husband bought me *The Perfect Meatloaf Pan * as seen on TV. Like that got me motivated, lol.

OK- Kare when you get back home maybe you can start the flagging poll?

I love A-1 so if this HP sauce is 7X's better, it must be something.

• Margo

I just got home from shopping. I just went to Lowes. I bought a fire pit cover, glue, and signed up for an installer to come measure to replace my microwave. Exciting huh?

• Ann

That is rather exciting Margo! A new appliance is always kind of exciting.

• Margo

Well, a microwave is not that exciting. Mine is 10 years old and the fan vent is sticking, I need to buy new filters. I just decided to replace than spend the money on repairs.

• Margo

LOL Having- what exactly is a meat mask lol lol?

• Margo

Ann, are you excited for the debate tomorrow night?

• Ann

Yes, of course! It's the highlight of my week!

• karemore55
    LOL Margo, I suppose that meatloaf pan was a birthday gift?
  • karemore55
    Well, I had success at Urban Barn....I bought three lumbar pillows. When will this pillow fetish ever end? I would have bought more but a voice in my head was saying, "Bad idea, bad idea....".
  • Margo

No, we don't do gifts anymore. Just Random, lol. I live a life of random.

What color are these new lumbar pillows Kare? My guess blue and yellow.;)

• karemore55
    Am I that predictable lol? Well, you got one right - the blue one. I also got a mushroom color, and another mushroom color with white arrow pattern. I like having choices lol.
  • Margo

I just know you like blue and yellow:)

• Margo

I wish I could see them. I have been looking for arrow pillows too;)

• havingfun

i do not understand, all my emails about this thread that were there
    yesterday vanished, found them in garbage? things keep vanishing.
    remember rolling said she put up and thread and no one could find it?
    well i do what i usually do, i went to her site and went through
    activity, it wasn't there?

bite your tongue out kare ,pillow fetish over? bleahhhh. prezzies margo = scuse, randoms

Amazon.com: throw pillow: Home & Kitchen · More Info

Amazon.com - Howarmer Canvas Cotton Throw Pillows Cover for Couch Set of 4 Teal · More Info

Amazon.com: Howarmer Canvas Cotton Cushion Cover, Geometric Pattern, 18 x 18-Inc · More Info

Amazon.com: Coral Red Set of 4 Howarmer® Canvas Cotton Decorative Coral Color Th · More Info
    most can be ordered separate of their mates.

• Margo

Having, as much as I like your prezzies, I will have to re-gift them. I need Lumbars in neutrals with maybe a touch of metallic ;))

• karemore55
    Bite my tongue out, Having? Ooh, harsh. Can I just slap my cheek or something?
  • havingfun

sure kare teasing only, can't do violence.

i am sorry margo, showing based on arrows? not seen arrow lumbars, which is ok, cause i rarely use these.