Software
Houzz Logo Print
robynshields

Window covering dilemma

12 years ago
The dark hardware for these pleated shades is a communication mix up on ordering. Not conventional, but is it good how the dark brushed bronze ads definition and masculinity? Or perhaps enhanced hardware is simply a no no.
Return
Keep

Comments (14)

  • 12 years ago
    The coverings on the left will also be replaced to match
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for showing more than just the window, as seeing the piano there helped me think this looks just fine. Now reassure me that the piano is ok with all these windows here.
  • 12 years ago
    I think it looks fine but as a window treatment fabricator I would suggest topping the windows with some sort of soft treatment. Consider a soft shaped cornice or other valance. This will also bring more texture into the room
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Sorry..not a fan of pleated shades..they always look like the temporary paper ones you get while waiting for the "real" window treatments to arrive. I would choose shutters for these windows.. they would also be better for the piano.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Barbara is correct about the piano. You will want to have temperature and humidity with the least amount of fluctuation. The shutters will provide much more insulation than your shades.
  • 12 years ago
    What is the price difference with shutters.?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The price of shutters is significantly more than pleated shades, they not only look richer, but add significantly to the value of the house. The piano is stunning..why depreciate its visual value in the room by skimping on the window coverings.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Not to be boring or redundant....but I agree with Barbara again. Why not talk about your budget? Shutters are a great solution but they are not the only option for you. Give us an idea of what you have in mind regarding budget and then we can give you really good options.
  • 12 years ago
    The windows are a very insulating light filtering glass which should protect the piano. It doesn't show a lot, but The windows have a beautiful wood ...casing? ...around them which I don't want to hide. The casing/molding also prevents any inside mount shades. I thought pleated are the least noticeable, and when they are raised, which is most of the time, we see trees framed by molding. Also, wouldn't shutters be difficult to open with the piano in the way? There is no where else to put the piano. Small house. It is a great room including dining and kitchen with a lot of windows surrounding. The windows you see to the left with the old shades are two sets of french doors. I thought heavy coverings would undo the airiness and be too much. But I'm open. Budget is not he obstacle.
  • 12 years ago
    Addddrjmnonhl kink mum,y,erred.eeeeeemk subsea yttrium rye
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    as a window treatment supplier I would have gone with Shutters ....OMG it would have been gorgeous ,and also change that window crank to a "T" handle it ill be better for the honeycomb shades when you drop them down it wont bump the fabric away from the window ....wood blinds would have been a better choice .......?
    also you can order those without cords ...child safe and cleaner look ....thank you Lori
    http://www.newyorkblindcompany.com
  • 12 years ago
    Be assertive and get what you ordered.
  • 12 years ago
    Pianos should be placed on internal walls.