Software
Houzz Logo Print
tippy999

Which lamp?

12 years ago
I'm hanging art this week. Need to pick a lamp. Don't let mirror server distract you! Chairs reflecting...new too!

Comments (52)

  • 12 years ago
    I like the one on the left..Unexpected shape and ties everything in a little bit better.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Go for the gold!
  • 12 years ago
    Left one for me. More interesting.
  • 12 years ago
    Right
  • 12 years ago
    I like the one on the left. Interesting shape, goes better with everything else. Could you tell me where you found your credenza.
  • 12 years ago
    Right.
  • 12 years ago
    Right...
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I like the one on the right ... a bit wider, very cool shape .. love the darker shade color and the warmth of the gold.
  • 12 years ago
    Right.
  • 12 years ago
    Left because it's not about the lamps. The dark shade fights with the painting which I assume is the star.
  • 12 years ago
    Right
  • 12 years ago
    Both great choices! I like the one on the left.
  • 12 years ago
    Both nice but I like right
  • 12 years ago
    If you need the lamp for this set-up (including the painting), then I would choose the one on the left. I would want to have the focus on the painting and not on the lamps.
  • 12 years ago
    Get the one on the right but switch out the shade.
  • 12 years ago
    Left. The unusual shape of the base and the neutral colored shade work together to give the lamp presence but not at the expense of the art. My eye is drawn down to the navy shade and the uniform shapes on that shiny, gold base, which distracts from the art.
  • 12 years ago
    Hey happy.
  • 12 years ago
    Changed my mind...like the darker shade. Guess that's nothing from nothing.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    You say do not let the mirrored sideboard distract…why?

    If you are keeping that piece and the artwork, I say neither lamp. Either is just too much.

    I suggest a wood lamp in the same tone as the sideboard.
    Corinaldo Wood Buffet Lamp · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    I respectfully disagree JudyG. Those lamps are great choices IMO!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would not have any of the two the paint is too beautyful but if u have to take the gold it does not fight for attention
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    You need not address me, Ann. I am not disagreeing with your opinion. You have already said you like both lamps. I simply am responding to the OP with MY suggestion.
  • 12 years ago
    I love the mirror server. Can you tell me where you got it?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would say neither - they both disappear on the server and don't do anything to compliment the painting. Bring in some of the colour from the painting. Here are some ideas. Mouse over image to enlarge.
  • 12 years ago
    I love both lamps, but I think they both would detract your eye from the painting. I think if you switched the shades, you might have a different outcome. The gold lamp with the light shade would look great.
  • 12 years ago
    Very good point JudyG, Sorry. I was just so impressed by the two selections of the OP, I was surprised someone didn't like them and I was hoping OP wouldn't doubt their choices. But you're absolutely right!
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    A turquoise shade on the first lamp will do it....or

    Girata Twisted Ceramic Lamp · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Just wrote this up and reporting this troll.
  • 12 years ago
    Left
  • 12 years ago
    Left :-)
  • 12 years ago
    I like the left one better....more interesting shape that pops out against the painting without being too stark
  • 12 years ago
    I like the dark shade if there is balance across room with a dark color somewhere. If the rest of furnishing are light go with the other.
  • 12 years ago
    Left
  • 12 years ago
    Golf with blue shade
  • 12 years ago
    The lamp on the right, although beautiful is chunkier and draws attention from the painting. The one on the left is great and does not draw as much attention. If you want the painting to stand out the lamp(s) need to be a little understated.
  • 12 years ago
    I went with the darker shade. The pillows are gold on the sette and I have drapes being made currently. Panel drapes. I like the drama of the darker shade... It isn't lost in the pic. I think it enhances it.
  • 12 years ago
    Gold!
  • 12 years ago
    Looking good!
  • 12 years ago
    Not sure what's bothering me...might be the gold competing with the finish on your pendents.
  • 12 years ago
    tippy--would you share with me where you got the mirror console? I think your room looks great!
  • 12 years ago
    R/S Dark shade /w L/S base.
  • 12 years ago
    @Alex511
    I purchased the server at Mathis Bros. It's Bernhart
    Thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    you did it right!!
  • 12 years ago
    Look at the pic you posted! WOW! Love it!!!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Tippy. Those lamps look very cool!
  • 12 years ago
    I love the the final picture
  • 12 years ago
    looks great!
  • 12 years ago
    Gold one Or the other one with a different lamp shade that shade is too muted.
  • 12 years ago
    I think the lighter one blends into the painting too much. But this is a lovely ensemble.
  • 9 years ago
    Old post.