Software
Houzz Logo Print
readbetter

Window treatment or not?

12 years ago
Here's my newly renovated bedroom in my tiny beachy cottage. Do I leave the window bare or add drapes?
Bare window
Drape

Comments (18)

  • 12 years ago
    I think the beachy coastal look would look great with a bamboo blind.
  • 12 years ago
    I would hang a valance and put the rod up high so the fabric hugs the ceiling and just a bit covers the trim (and shade) so you don't loose light. simple white with a fun shell trim?? or buy another sheet and make it to match...so cute!!! it is easy enough to use pillow cases too then all you need to do is heat tape the rod pocket...no sewing!
  • 12 years ago
    yes that too it would complement the basket but be a bit darker which is fine for sleeping...lol
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful room. Blind, valance or flowy curtains - any choice will work.
  • 12 years ago
    a linen roman shade would look nice.
  • 12 years ago
    Shutters would be nice.
  • 12 years ago
    Lovely room. Roman blind for privacy.
  • 12 years ago
    You know, if you had storm shutters outside, it might stop the huge waves that are depositing sea life all over your bed.
  • 12 years ago
    Chock chook, I have a room darkening shade so darkening is not an issue. Yes, the waves here on Long Island can be huge!!! This poll is neck and neck so I have a lot to think about.
  • 12 years ago
    black out with a nautical print on it
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think shutters or a shade just to block the morning sun.
  • 12 years ago
    Crisp white sheers.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I'll suggest an inside mount woven roller shade, similar to what's used in this photo. Inside mount is for clean lined simplicity, and roller is to maximize light that a hanging header or roman would take away.
    [houzz=
    KitchenLab · More Info
    ]
  • 12 years ago
    Blind for privacy, as many have said. But I would do fixed side panels, wider than the window, as wide as the headboard. Will unify it, cause the window to merge with the headboard. I'd use a be achy, casual fabric, something fresh, lots of whit but with a splash of colour.
  • 12 years ago
    readbetter, did you decide yet? Please post a pic. Have been following your living room, downstairs room & this bedroom/office. Love your simple, classic style.
  • 12 years ago
    Edithsmom, no I still can't decide. I need to get a slipcover for the chair and ottoman on the desk side of the room. At that time I might just do it all at the same time. There is a window by the desk. I might have to wait until summer when I'm off. Just can't decide. I want to coordinate both sides.
  • 12 years ago
    Yes, can understand wanting the same treatments on both sides of the room. I will be patient. Thanks for the update.