Software
Houzz Logo Print
lauramwest

Backsplash tile

12 years ago
Is that ann sacks backsplash? I'm having a hard time finding a calacatta subway tile that I like. We are in Cleveland - did you source it local?
Classic White Kitchen · More Info

Comments (19)

  • 12 years ago
    thanks, found my answer on the backsplash now :) (from my previous question)
  • 12 years ago
    I found this http://www.newravenna.com/ but looks like their website only shows mosaic. I didn't see anything close to what looks like 3x6 subway
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi there...I ordered from Thomas Brick and it is New Ravenna. Their website showcases more of their specialty items however they do offer more standard sizes as well. The size shown in this kitchen is 3" x 6". Thank you and please follow us on Houzz to see all of our updates! Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance!
    lauramwest thanked House of L
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    This would be no problem! Please feel welcome to contact your nearest showroom ( http://www.newravenna.com/showrooms/) if you find that there isn't one near you, please contact Sarah Nottingham at snottingham@newravenna.com who will be happy to assist you.
  • 10 years ago

    How much is this backsplash?

  • 10 years ago

    Also where are the cabinet from?

  • 10 years ago

    what is the name of this backsplash? and is it brown or grey?


  • 9 years ago

    What are some suggestions for matching my calacatta countertops to a calacatta subway tile? How do I get the best match without spending a fortune at the marble yard? I can't seem to find a tile sample that works.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi lauramwest,

    Calacatta Gold can be a hard product to find for a reasonable price especially in any quality. You have to be a company of significant size willing to invest in a lot of blocks, select the blocks (have resources in Europe) and then import to a facility with the size to deal with it.

    We are one of the largest stocking suppliers of Italian Marble in the USA stocking over 3 million square feet at any one tile (please take a look at ourInstagram Feed) or our blog with room scenes.

    Here is a picture I took the other day of our Calacatta Gold 4x12" currently $16.95 a Square Foot and Free Shipping. Part of our Calacatta Collection from 3x6" to 12x12" to mosaics to trims all matching and stocked and ready to ship in 1-2 business days.


  • 8 years ago
    That's gorgeous but I can't meet your high minimum orders with a small Manhattan kitchen. Just need about 30 sf. for a backsplash. No way to do it?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Hi blondelle,

    It really is. But it is about how it ships. We need it to ship freight on a pallet (wooden base support) to ensure it arrives at the customers residence in one piece. Equally the customer wants it to arrive at their residence in one piece!

    As a private company that is not interested in selling. Our interest is ensuring that when a customer orders what they order arrives in tact and looks like it did when it left our warehouse.

    A 30 Square Foot order cannot be shipped ground. Unfortunately no matter how many "handle with care labels", ground companies throw the boxes (they just do, they do not seem to care) and there will be significant damage. To Calacatta Gold (the really good white based product) as it is a white based stone, the base is softer because of the whiteness, so additional care must be taken with it.

    The the size 4x12" it is thin and long. It's "break-ability" ground is very high. That rules out that shipping option.

    Freight is the method we really need. Where it ships on a wooden pallet or in a wooden crate. The wooden base supports the marble. But at 30/SF it will shift in transit, or the driver will move it. If it can be lifted by a driver it will be picked up and dropped multiple times. (They just do - it is very annoying).

    The minimum order ensures the driver cannot lift it without a pallet truck. A pallet trucks hydraulics lifts and lowers it slowly.

    We have learned the hard way over the decades. The minimum is there not because we cannot. But because ultimately it cannot be done safely. That is what we want.

    We want the product to arrive in the best possible condition. Or we would rather not take the order. That is where we are, turning business away because it is in the best interest of the customer and we will always strive to do what is in the best interest of our customers.

    Thank you

    Happy Thanks Giving! ( I wish I had better news).

    The Builder Depot.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Hey @blondelle, would you like us to provide a quote for your backsplash? Just shoot an email to info@newravenna.com so that we have your contact information and we'll get you in the right hands.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Blondel, Manhattan has so many tile showrooms, you should easily be able to find Calacatta tile for your backsplash. Try Waterworks, Ann Sacks, Walker Zanger, The Tile Store, and many other small retail outlets. The Flatiron District is the best area for tile stores.

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks all. I'm right in the heart of the decorating district with the D&D and A&D building and Ann Sacks right down the street. Builder Depot was so well priced. Found tile I wanted but $29 a sf. Small kitchen so not a deal breaker but was hoping for a bit less. Builders Depot, I'm using a creamy white cabinet. Are there any Carrara tiles that are a bit creamier, or are all the backgrounds that grayish white and only the veining changes? Calacatta has that creamy background background I need. Do you know what marble Floor & Decor is selling as Sahara Carrara? Looks to be a creamier version of carrara. They say it's from Namibia or something like that. New Ravenna, your tiles are stunning, but might be out of my price range. Would love to use marble in my bath but don't want to wipe down the marble after a shower. Thanks again!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Hi blondelle,

    Budget is important. If that is the over riding factor then focus on that. Floor and Decor offers the option to order samples. So my advice is to do just that. The downside is that you may get a sample from one branch but your actual order will ship from another branch. They will not match your samples to your order as we do. (It effectively then just gives you an "Idea"). Also the communication is a little poor according to the reviews.

    A sample is better than nothing (and will cover you in case they send something different). I would go with a sample and then if that works place the order with them. Make a note in your comments to wrap well and your order number of the sample ordered to pull from that lot (at least cover yourself, so if something arrives that is completely different from the sample you can take a picture to prove it and you can get your money back at their cost).

    Just my opinion.

    Thank you

    The Builder Depot.

  • 8 years ago
    Thank you Builder Depot. So none of your carrara tile has a warmer white background? Would you know if there are any sealers for the marble where you don't need to wipe it down after each shower? Love a marble bath but lazy. Do you know what Sahara Carrara actually is? Photo below. Same white as calacatta.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I do not know what that marble is, but I can tell you there are no Italian Carrara mountains in the Sahara :)

    Sounds more like a Turkish marble. Sahara. What a strange name. Not as bad as Manhattan Carrara.... because we have all seen that white Marble mountain in Manhattan. I suppose the stores think we are stupid.

    Sealers. I have mine sealed, but do not wipe it down everyday. If you are going for a backsplash I would wipe up spills, especially acidic ones quickly, but not wipe it down everyday. That seems excessive.

    I have our coffee pot and tea set up on 18x18" Carrara Bianco, un-sealed. It has been there for 8 years. No stains, even though the spoon gets put on it, sugar, coffee spilt. But wipe it up a few hours later and gone. Sometimes if the paper towel is too wet it goes darker but then drys out back to original perfect Italian marble.

  • 7 years ago

    Is this polished or honed backsplash?

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH