Software
Houzz Logo Print
deko32011

Stunning!

12 years ago
I Love the detail!! My house, build in 1900, has the original dentil trim and..unfortunately I have to replace it due to rotting:(
I'm curious as to what I can use to replace it but still keep the charm. I DO NOT want to eliminate it. Do they make vinyl decorative pieces as an alternative? I was thinking of siding it all, but as I said, really need to keep the victorian beauty.
Vickery Residence · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Those dentil brackets were cut from solid 6 x 6 cedar posts. Cedar was used due to it's ability to withstand the weather. All other trim on the house is cementitious. If you are interested in researching other products try Fypon. They have a good line that may provide what you are looking for. Good luck.