Software
Houzz Logo Print
marylise

Kitchen & Dinette

12 years ago
Hi there. Just hoping to get an opinion of my kitchen and dinette area. Do you like it? What, if anything would you change or move. Do you like the backsplash? What would you replace the painted backsplash with? More photos to follow.

Comments (14)

  • 12 years ago
    The rest of the photos.
  • 12 years ago
    I think you are a tad heavy on decor.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would..
    remove fake plants.
    remove the extended shelf on the edge of the china cabinet.
    the hand painting is beautiful..but dated. back splash time
    get some smaller objects in the glass cabinet.
    the pendants are very modern. the kitchen is transitional...consider. and only 2.
    find a new place for the photos in the tv nook shelf. too many. too dark. i would stack cook books there.
    any chance on updating the small tv?
    love to see a dining room chandelier....
    all and all I love the whole concept, cabinets are beautiful, range hood nice, finish work looks great!!
  • 12 years ago
    L
  • 12 years ago
    LMF Designs - I have been thinking of tiling the back splash for a while now. I would like to paint first and that will have to wait until the coming winter. Just finishing up my great room redo and after that I want to work on the master bedroom/ bath. What would you suggest for tile and also paint colors? I love a painted ceiling. Would you do that in a kitchen? What should I remove from the countertops/ decor...what is too much and what is not enough? I love my teapots too..started the collection to add some color into and pizzazz and grew to love them.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Is that a single fridge? .. Where's the freezer? I agree with the de-clutter, but design wise it's a nice space.
  • 12 years ago
    Flair lighting. My light fixtures are special ones that can fit over pot lights. I can take one down. There are three pot lights there. There are also four pit lights over the kitchen table. Any suggestions? The ends of the child cabinet are also there to stay. Taking them down will leave damage and holes that can be seen. As far as the tv goes, I might just take it down and fill the spot with a large vase or something. The new Tv's are too wide for the space. And...I'm gonna have a heck of a time putting my family photos away:). But thanks for the input. Anyone think my kitchen table is also cluttered? New paint color suggestions and tile suggestions.
  • 12 years ago
    It's a sub zero fridge with lower freezer. We have an a upright in the pantry right off the kitchen. What items do you consider clutter?
  • 12 years ago
    I like your backsplash. I like your cabinets - especially the step one . remove the greenery on each side of the hood, and about one fifth of the décor items.
  • 12 years ago
    Better?
  • 12 years ago
    Here's another
  • 9 years ago

    Looks very nice.. if you change the back splash I would put glass tiles. I like it without the plants too


  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    consinfo,,,you really need to look at the dates. this is 3rd one you've commented on that's over 3 years old. when you comment on these it puts them back up to the front of the line where other people will then comment on them. it's a waste of time.