Software
Houzz Logo Print
rowena_lowis

I need help to match bedding and curtains with wallpaper

12 years ago
Hi, My daughter wants a vintage style room and I have some beautiful wallpaper but i am stuck on which curtains and bedding to get. We where originally picked shabby chic rose pattern for the bedding and white ruffled curtains. Now I 've started to do her mood board for her it doesn't seem to go. Any ideas ;)

Comments (23)

  • 12 years ago
    wallpaper is wonderful. what do you mean by vintage?
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Time to make an Ideabook! Go to Houzz PHOTOS. Scroll down to Bedrooms. Click. Enter "vintage," or "floral wallpaper," or "shabby chic" in the search box. Be sure to use quotation marks on search terms. Click. Add the photos you like to your very own Ideabook. When you click on a photo, options for more information appear on the screen. Make notes about what you like and do not like about each photo. Even if you are not sure about a photo, add it right then. With over 3 million photos on Houzz with new ones added each hour, it is impossible to find a particular photo unless you have the photo number. It is easy to delete a photo from an Ideabook.
    Rowena Lowis thanked nasmijati
  • 12 years ago
    thank-you very much. You've given me some food for thought
  • 12 years ago
    That wallpaper is adorable! :0)
  • 12 years ago
    The wallpaper is for the birds...I mean that in a good way!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love the bedding that Genevieve proposed above! But I wouldn't go with grey curtains in this room - I'd use a softer more feminine colour from the wallpaper or even the same yellow as the trim detail in the bedding.
  • 12 years ago
    I also love the wallpaper, however, I'm not into yellow all that much & it would be so obvious. I am inclined to go to the pinky-red on the other birds for picking up a colour. I also noticed that there is a blue/green on part of one of the birds, which could be picked up as an accent too. Using the grey is also wonderful & will look great, just make sure you get the right grey. Enjoy
  • 12 years ago
    Have you looked at Country Curtains website? I think you'll find many choices to go with that stunning wallpaper.
  • 12 years ago
    The colors that immediately come to mind for me would be chartreuse green bedding and gray linen curtains, perhaps with a band of chartreuse. Not this pattern, but this color combo. Love the wallpaper!
    Chartreuse Graphic Flower Print Fabric · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Stunning wallpaper.
  • 12 years ago
    That is a beautiful wallpaper. For the bedding you can go with birds design as well if you want, or branches or simple white with ruffles, or even some roses.
  • 12 years ago
    forgot to add one more with birds
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, just wandering if you could tell me where the peachy coloured bed spread is from? thanks x
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Love that peachy colored bed spread! I'm not so sure that would work with the wall paper, then again I'm looking at a computer screen.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I don't know where the peach bedding is from but it looks like bedding that Anthropologie has so you might want to check this place out too.
  • 12 years ago
    Love the wallpaper....I would be inclined to go with solid colors on the curtains and bedding because the wallpaper is such a strong statement. I like the texture of the peach bedding but I'm sure you could find it in a more vibrant pink (close to the color in the bird paper. Then maybe find some nice bird pillows to carry the theme on through. You didn't say how old your daughter is, but many little girls love pink -- practically any shade! If she is in the "cute" stage, you could actually carry through with a few (very few) bird house accessories that function and hold things. Please post after pictures -- you will have a gorgeous room -- already off to a great start with that gorgeous wallpaper!
  • 12 years ago
    A ticking stripe would look really cute
  • 12 years ago
    The peach one is from Anthropologie. You might be able to find something similar at West Elm as well
  • 12 years ago
    Agree with soto that any strong color or pattern will take away from the lovely wallpaper. Grey or pale yellow/gold curtains and a pale gold/yellow textured bedspread would look good...you can bring the rose in with throw and pillows.
    Rowena Lowis thanked edithsmom
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I like the idea of a white vintage chenille spread, and airy sheer drapery with that wallpaper - You can accent with black and white ticking - super cute!
    Rowena Lowis thanked Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think you have a duplicate thread running. I just posted some bedding suggestions there!