Software
Houzz Logo Print
lolatucker

Need help w/ diagonal wood paneling in our new living room?

12 years ago
Just bought a new house that needs updating. What can we do with diagonal brown wood paneling in the living room? It's a contemporary style house built in 1981. We'd like to keep some wood to stem the style off this lovely wooden I-beam in the ceiling between the dining room and living room. But as is, it's just too dark and dated. Would it be weird to paint this diagonal wood paneling? I think the alternative is rip out the paneling and replace with dry wall - maybe re use the wood for wainscoting like that in the dining room and hall? (these photos are professional photos taken before we moved in - this is not our furniture). Any other ideas to update this space? Furniture? Window treatments? I'd like a little rustic, a little farmhouse but classy and updated.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations