Software
Houzz Logo Print
daniellemgoulet

Roman Shade Operation

12 years ago
Brian, First of all I wanted to let you know that your design aesthetic and talent is just impeccable. Funny I am always drawn to your work and actually went to your website to see your background. I am a fellow designer from Maine. My local fabricator uses cords/cleats for her romans. To me, they are visually unattractive and cumbersome. Do these Romans operate in the same fashion? Can you please specify the mechanism if there is another way?
I truly appreciate your work and look forward to admiring your future designs.
-Danielle
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I also hate cord cleats but don't know of another solution unless you use the continuous cord control but you still see the mechanics. I honestly tell my clients to bunch the cord up and hide up behind the Roman shade until they need to lower or raise it...
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for your response Brian. Looking forward to see more of your work!
  • 11 years ago

    CORDLESS ROMANS!!!! I have no clue why no high end design firms carry them but that is the solution--the corded/continuous cord loop is hideous and people need to let the romans function not be bothered by hiding cords. Smith & Noble does them for roughly $550/window but Etsy shops do an even better job for much, much less!