Software
Houzz Logo Print
baileykaty

Our finished Kitchen

12 years ago
We remodeled our 1988 Kitchen in 4 weeks. We replaced the white wash press board cabinets with stain/glazed maple cabinets. We selected Cambria Quartz/ Bradshaw counters. The back splash is Torreon travertine. We expanded the island and hung 2 Elba bell pendant lights. All the incandescent lights were replaced with LED lighting. The sink was replaced with a Franke 33" Farm sink with a Brizo faucet. The stove top is a GE 30" Profile. The Island was enlarged for a more functional space. The wet bar area was torn out and replace with a built in china hutch.

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Lots of characters and elegant design.
    Martin Feinmark thanked Dytecture
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Good to see someone on here using stain to show off the elegance of the lumber. Great job!
  • 12 years ago
    Love it!! I'm a fan of beautiful stained wood over painted wood!
  • 12 years ago
    I like painted wood, but white cabinets are becoming overdone. I' m getting a little bored with them! The stain looks very elegant! Nice job!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great transformation!
  • 12 years ago
    I love how you moved the refrigerator to the wall with the other tall cabinets. It makes sense to keep them all together on one wall. It opens up the wall that used to have the refrigerator and gives you a nice big counter space to work at. Also making the island bigger was a good decision. It gives you more work space when prepping or cooking. The hutch in place of the wet bar was also a good choice. I like the mirror inside the hutch. It reflects the light on your glassware and gives it more of a sparkle. I like your choice of the stain & glaze cabinets for the majority of the kitchen. It will wear much better than paint & glaze. The painted & glazed island adds just the right amount of accent to the overall look. Your lighting is beautiful too. I would like to see a picture of the whole kitchen with all your lights on. Good Job!
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!