Software
Houzz Logo Print
marileecipra

finish of steel

14 years ago
Hello! Can you please tell me what type of finish was used on this? It appears to be hot rolled steel but I just left a steel manufacturer and all their rolled steel was darker. Thanks in advance for any specifics you can provide!
Contemporary design in a historic space · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Sorry I don't know.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It looks like cold rolled steel to me. Hot rolled steel has mill scale on it, thus the darker color. Cold rolled tends to be smoother and a light grey like this. This also has been lightly buffed and clear coated. Hope this helps.
  • 14 years ago
    thank you, both!
  • 14 years ago
    I love the look of this. With the heat, is there anything to worry about with the clear coat? What do you use?
  • PRO