Software
Houzz Logo Print
harri119

Is the Carrara marble subway tile backsplash honed or polished?

14 years ago
I am also doing Carrara marble countertops with a matching subway tile backsplash & don't know if I should get the Carrara marble subway tile polished or honed?
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (11)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    hard to tell from pic but i would say polished
  • 13 years ago
    What about the staining with this product? 4 young kids in the kitchen, is it realistic?
  • 13 years ago
    If the marble is Polished and than Sealed the chances of staining it are much less than a honed marble. We did our kitchen in the Bianco Carrara marble from www.carraratiles.com. We have two boys 3 &6 and our marble still looks amazing . Even after spaghetti nights!
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the advice. Second question- we have a 14 foot island, can that be done in one piece?
  • 13 years ago
    I know of no marble or granite that comes in a slab large enough for a 14' island in one piece. Typically the largest island I have done is 9' - might find a slab for 10' island but limited selections.
  • 12 years ago
    Polished, easier to clean.
  • 11 years ago
    I commented Jan '13... I did the honed marble 2x4 subway backsplash a year ago. Best decision I made. I love it! No stains, easy to clean. The honed doesn't reflect the light too much like polished so you see the depth of that beautiful marble better.
  • 10 years ago
    What's the best cleaning product you've found for honed Carrara countertops?
  • 9 years ago

    acarter09 - I'm thinking about using brushed marble (white) as a backsplash. Was yours white, and are you still happy with it? If so, can you tell us what cleaning product and sealer you've used? Thanks so much!!

  • 2 years ago

    All of them will stain , let’s be realistic