Software
Houzz Logo Print
wheretostart

Backsplash tile - name/manufacturer, countertop - marble?, medicine cabinets - Custom

14 years ago
Love the look of this bathroom. Backsplash tiles - can you tell me the name of the manufacturer and or color? Is the counter Crema Marfil? Are the medicine cabinets custom and same manufacturer as vanity?
Bathroom Remodel · More Info

Comments (16)

  • 14 years ago
    Thanks!
  • 14 years ago
    Hi there - Could you please tell me which shade of Cambria this is? Thanks!
  • 14 years ago
    It is Cuddington.
  • 14 years ago
    Is the vanity only 60"wide? I have small bath for kids but would love to have 2 sinks. Please let me know! Thanks!
  • 14 years ago
    Yes. By using the smaller size Kohler Ladena sinks we were still able to have sufficient counter space.
  • 14 years ago
    So is the entire vanity 60? or is it 58" and then top adding inches?
  • 14 years ago
    Love this bathroom. I have three kids, 2 teen girls and one boy. Do you think enough counter space? ARe the sinks the 18" wide ones?
  • 14 years ago
    Hi Colleen - I asked the original question, inspired by this bathroom!, and ended up also going with a 60" countertop and two sinks for my daughters' bathroom. We went with the standard Kohler Caxton sinks (oval, not rectangular) and there is still plenty of counter space. The room isn't finished yet but here's a view - I'll put up the whole room when it's finished. (Sorry about the photos - it was night and there is an odd reflection because our new doors had to be custom made so they are still unpainted wood in the reflection.)
  • 14 years ago
    P.S. to above, I wanted more drawer space for my girls, rather than the traditional layout of drawers in the center of a 60" vanity, so I had the two cabinets ordered a single door and set of drawers. Then we positioned the cabinets with the drawers on the outside and then flipped the two doors so they open in to the middle. The top "faux drawer" panel is actually going to flip down like in a kitchen, underneath the sink, so they can put toothbrushes and toothpaste there. :)
  • 14 years ago
    The vanity is 60".
  • 14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    I find the counter space to be adequate, but I'm not sure it would be enough for two teenage girls trying to use the area at the same time.
    The medicine cabinets hold quite a bit so I'm able to keep the counter clutter free. There is also additional storage along a wall that is not shown in any of the pictures.
  • 14 years ago
    I would agree with susiana - we got the oversized Robern arched cabinets, added the flip down cabinet panel and went with 6 drawers for the same reason. We also have a floor to ceiling cabinet on the wall behind the vanity. That said, the ability to split the girls up to two sinks ... I'd choose it every time. :)
  • 13 years ago
    akcorcoran - I really love the pictures of your bathroom. Did you have a Shower or Bathtub in there too? We are working with a large closet that could become a third bathroom for our 4 kids. I love the vanity and your efficient use of space.
  • 13 years ago
    Hi thomsoma! Thanks!!! It really came out just as I hoped it would, especially since it is a relatively tight use of space.

    There is actually a tub/shower directly across from the vanity. This is actually a third-floor dormer bathroom, so it's long and narrow. There is only about three and a half feet of floor between the vanity and the tub across from it. But with the new, two sinks and all the storage, plus the height of our ceilings, the space really works.

    My daughters love it! Here's a photo of the tub/shower and then from outside the door so you can see the total layout. There is a floor to ceiling cabinet behind the door. And, it's all obviously not finished yet (tile, painting, etc!)

    Good luck!
  • 13 years ago
    Akcorcoran-thanks for posting pics of your bathroom. Did use Cambria cuddington for your counter? I am thinking of it for my kids bath