Software
Houzz Logo Print
michelepatry56

Screened porch now or later

12 years ago
We are building a new cottage and have to cut out the " nice-to-haves" before we start because will otherwise exceed our budget. I have suggested to the builder that we not do the screened porch now and add it on later. Is this a mistake? Will it be more expensive as an add-on later? This is what the builder said but it is in his interest to include it so not sure I believe him.

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    If the space for the porch is already covered, wait till later. If you'll need to add the roof, posts, framing, etc...while the crews are there and while the place is under construction - Do It NOW! [or at least build enough of the area that you could possibly DIY later]. Here are some photos of open and shut netting that hang like a shower curtain (can be an option for keeping those pesky bugs out and is a great DIY project).
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks so much for your reply. I am always so amazed to actually get replies when I post a question. My builder will be happy too. Merci beaucoup from Montréal!
Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio