Software
Houzz Logo Print
lameyer12

Awesome sink! Is it salvaged or new? Where could I find one? Thanks

12 years ago
Logan Circle Residence · More Info

Comments (16)

  • 11 years ago

    Breeze, I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm up in Canada and I am completing a basement in a rowhouse. It includes a wet-room and I've also chosen the Bannon Kohler sink and the same gooseneck Kohler faucet (although the handles are slightly different for hot/cold).


    The problem I'm having is that Kholer only seems to carry a very big industrial drain/strainer for the sink and it's UGLY. We're trying to find a regular drain & strainer (likely a kitchen sink one) that will work. I've seen in your photos that you have found a great solution. The drain opening is 73mm. ... Would it be possible to tell me which brand of drain you ended up finding that worked?


    thanks a million!!

    Sharon

  • 11 years ago

    I am struggling with the same issue! Any advice will be most appreciated.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    We have found no other solution except for the Kohler drain

  • 11 years ago
    We think we have found a solution. Just dry fit now, but it looks good. Plumber coming this week to install. Intalbot here is a photo of the parts boxes.
  • 11 years ago
    Closer pix
  • 11 years ago

    Thank you SO much for sharing this. It looks like the conversion to a smaller 1.5" diameter happens at the strainer? I would love to hear how it works out once your installation is done (and see a picture if you'd like to share one!). Thanks, again.

  • 11 years ago
    Success!!
  • 11 years ago

    It looks fantastic! Congrats (and Thanks)!

  • 11 years ago
    We bought same sink and faucet and are nearing install. What did you all do for a soap dish?
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Hello where did you get the faucet & what is the brand?thank you so for your help.

  • 11 years ago

    Sharon, I saw your photo of how your Kohler bannon sink was installed, because I'm using the same sink. I also am desperately trying to find the source of those black hex tiles on the wall! Where did you find them?

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you Sharon!!!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Hi, sorry I didn't reply until a year later!! My goodness. The tiles are actually a deep aubergine/black and were a leftover quantity from a custom job. But black matte hex tiles are fairly widely available. For example: https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/SomerTile-7x8-inch-Hextile-Matte-Black-Porcelain-Floor-and-Wall-Tile-Case-of-14/8448805/product.html

  • 8 years ago
    Where did you find hand towel holder?
  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I too searched high and low to find a way to work around having to use the massive cast iron p-trap (that makes the sink very low). Zurn makes a drain/strainer Z8739-PC that will fit in the 3" drain hole and accommodates a 1 1/2" p-trap.