Software
Houzz Logo Print
dkammerlander

Students In interior design

12 years ago
I am a Family and Consumer Science Teacher (home economics) one of the courses I teach is interior design. The Houzz App is my main resource I use in this class. Last year when my students were working on their design boards I had suggested that they use this discussion board to get suggestions. My goal is with the class not only to inspire some interior design potential careers but also to teach them resources for decorating now and also when they become home owners. My question is if I have each student take a photo of a room in their home that they would want to redecorate and post it one here do you think people one here would offer suggestions. My overall purpose is to show them how to post a room design, photo to get help when we get to the planning stages of their design boards. Some may actually use these to help with a design dilemma. If some students are not willing to post their actual photos of a room in their house due to being embarrassed or don't remember to take a photo I will have some photos of rooms for them to post. Will have them print out their communication from the board once they have some communication with others. My other question is how many days do you think would be a good number of days for them to get feedback and interact with the posts. Would you want them to state that they are students and that this is an assignment. Thanks in advance, it's all about teaching reality and real life skills and sending students on their way with some useable techniques in interior design.

Comments (3)