Software
Houzz Logo Print
thebany

72" Shelf

12 years ago
Hello!

We're looking for a 72"x6"x3-4" mantel cap shelf for our fireplace. Is this a shelf dimension that you might have? Also, what would be the cost and shipping charges? Thank you!

I appreciate your time!

Bethany Weaver
Distressed Wooden Shelf · More Info

Comments (16)

  • 12 years ago
    Thank you so much! I will order then. Do you have an estimated time from order until shipping as well? It'll be shipping to 37408. Thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    Order is placed for the 72"x6"x3" shelf! In addition, we'd like to have it mountable as an invisible/floating shelf due to our contractors request. What other information might you need from me to accommodate this request?

    Thank you very much! I'm excited!

    Bethany
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Bethany:

    Thank you for your order. Please let me know if you would like a lighter or darker shade of the distressed wood. We should be able to ship your mantle out early next week.

    Thanks

    Stevie
  • 12 years ago
    I'd like a finish as similar as possible to this slightly darker piece in the first picture. It's beautiful! Also, can I get a confirmation that it'll be made with the floating shelf brackets?

    Thanks you so much!
    Bethany
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Bethany:

    This shelf should have four 4" invisible brackets to hang it as a floating shelf. They are available on the Punky Hill page for $10 each. Because the brackets need to be attached to a stud please ask the contractor where the holes should be drilled on the back side of the shelf so this is placed exactly where you want it.

    Thanks

    Stevie
  • 12 years ago
    Hi,

    We're interested in using two of these shelves for an entertainment center under our wall mounted tv. Is it possible to get two shelves cut to 60L x 10D x 3H? Also, how many mounting pegs would you recommend, and do they have a weight rating? This look great, and in the darker stain we think they'll really set the room apart. Please let me know either way.

    Thanks,

    Andrew & Abbie
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Andrew & Abbie:

    No problem. A 60" shelf should have at least three 8" brackets. That would give you a safe weight of around 40 - 45 lbs. Houzz doesn't have a custom order feature so if you order two 60" x 8" distressed shelves then I will convert it to your size and finish and confirm that with an email. Please email me any other questions.

    Thanks

    Stevie
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Stevie,

    Great - I placed the order, but unfortunately I could only order 1 - 60" x 8 due to limitation availability on the site. So I ordered the next closets size - 48" x 10" x 3" Distressed Shelf. If you need me to get something else, just let me know. Also, the darker stain the better.
    Order 1481-0652-2745-6487 - Delivered by Oct 10 - Oct 23

    Thanks!

    Andrew & Abbie
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    We'll make 2 60" x 8" x 3" shelves with a darker finish. Thank you for your order.

    Stevie
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks, but just to confirm we'd like the shelve 60L x 10D x 3H
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Yes - we caught that - they will be 10" wide.

    Thanks

    Stevie
  • 11 years ago
    hi there,
    I love this shelf, and would like this under a 50" flat screen, which is mounted above a wood burning fireplace. the stone has been refaced with drywall, and I would like a mantle under the TV. the wall is 80" wide, should I go with a 60' or a 72 " mantle? I am thinking maybe something inbetween, a 65"x 8'.... Please give your advise, and confirm if this is possible. I love it and would like to order one. thanks, Beatrix
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Beatrix:

    A 65" length would give you an even split between wall width and screen width. That size would cost $135.

    Thanks

    Stevie
  • 11 years ago
    is this product a shelf or a mantle, im a bit confused. im looking for a mantle. how much with shipping, and is it in usd.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Beatrix:

    It can be used as either a floating shelf or a mantle. These are made in Wisconsin and shipping is included with the price.

    Stevie