Software
Houzz Logo Print
mgdenman

Low water?

12 years ago
Can you tell me if these plants would work in a low water area like Northern California?
Woodland Retreat · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Mimi, unfortunately most of the plants that you see in this pictures need a fair amount of water. They are probably not well suited to Northern California - unless you're near the coast.
    Mimi Denman thanked a Blade of Grass
  • 11 years ago
    what is the name of yellow greenish plant?it looked so nice
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    That is a Hosta. I am not sure of the variety.
    Mimi Denman thanked a Blade of Grass
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I agree with A Blade Of Grass - only for cool costal climates with regular rainfall. As bad as the sought has been in CA and Southern Oregon, I don't think most of those plants would do well this year without regular topsoil saturation.
    Mimi Denman thanked Frederic's Landscape & Tree Service
  • 10 years ago

    Mimi, great question about plants that work in a low water area. I also live in a dry climate, and I've always wanted to have a mossy pathway. I bet a local landscaping company would know what plants would work in my area. http://www.landmarklandscaping.ca/ 

    Mimi Denman thanked Callie Marie