Software
Houzz Logo Print
mjmbr

Why is the stove lower?

14 years ago
Colonial Dripping in Custom · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 14 years ago
    Thanks for your response--it is a lovely kitchen. The reason that I asked is that we have just purchased a home where the cooktop is also lower than the counter. We are replacing the granite and are trying to decide whether to move the cooktop up. There are some issues with upper cabinets that would have to be addressed if we did that. Also at 5'4" I'm not exactly tall. One of the contractors that we interviewed loved the lower cooktop and the other hated it --further adding to our confusion!!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I have done this on several occasions for my clients. At 5'10", I have had the opportunity to cook on a gas cooktop at the lowered height and I love it. It allows me to "see" in the pot or pan and it gives me better control over what I am cooking. I recommend keeping it.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It looks great in this kitchen and if you like the added interest and the height works for you consider keeping existing height. I am sure you will get many responses for both cases which means you will not make a bad choice! Good luck!
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks. The contractor who recommended the lower cooktop loves to cook. I think we will keep it.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Great!