Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_3884671

Oil rubbed bronze with gray and white marbel?

12 years ago
Does it work?

Comments (17)

  • 12 years ago
    Yes! It really changes the look and warms up the room IMO. I have ORB in my kitchen with dark gray counters and marble backsplash and love it. In a couple of my bathrooms I used chrome with marble and those rooms feel much cooler- love those rooms too :-) What look are you going for?
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks Sarah!! I love ORB, but every time I find a kitchen or bathroom pictures they have chrome fixtures. I was starting to think I was crazy for wanting ORB.
  • 12 years ago
    Funny you say that. I was going to send you links to my inspiration pics for when I did my kitchen, and I just noticed that they don't include any ORB + marble combos! When the light is a little better in my kitchen today I'll take a couple pics so you can see what it looks like together.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you!! I really appreciate that.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Calcutta gold marble is very similar to Carrara marble and may blend a bit better with the oil rubbed bronze. Personally have not seen too many people mix Carrara with oil rubbed bronze
  • 12 years ago
    Here are some examples...
    Marblehead Residence · More Info
    Trish Namm · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Emily, you really got me thinking about this! I could have sworn I saved pics of this combo in one of my my ideabooks, but when I look back there either isn't marble in the kitchen or only the lighting is ORB. Here is another example of the combo:
    Traditional Kitchen · More Info


    And here is one of my inspiration pics (no marble, though):
    Lakeview Residence · More Info


    I'm drawn to the contrast and traditional feel of white shaker cabinets and ORB.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I'm a big believer in "if you love it, do it," especially if you're not planning to move anytime soon. So, go for the bronze! There are some beautiful cabinet knobs and pulls in that finish.
  • 12 years ago
    Sarah I LOVE your kitchen. I'm struggling because I love traditional, but my house is 1990s contemporary located in the mountains. Lol my options are pretty limited.... We've started using ORB door knobs but I love the carrera marble. That's why I wanted to know if it would look okay.
  • 12 years ago
    What color are your cabinets? Can you post any pics of you kitchen? I did a search form marble using the kitchen and rustic style filters and am finding many more pics with ORB hardware.
  • 12 years ago
    It currently looks like 1998 threw up in here. Eventually were going to make that laundry room a butlers pantry. The washer and dryer will go downstairs and the refrigerator will go in the pantry. I'm stuck on what color I want the cabinets. We have these HUGE windows in the living room that don't have any trim on them. I'm trying to decide if I want to trim them out with big white traditional trim, a more simple trim painted greige, or just wood trim for a more rustic look. If I do the greige, I will make all the trim including the cabinets the same color. Oh and that terra cotta has got to go! I want dark hard wood. We'll be adding thicker baseboards and thicker door trim as well.
  • 12 years ago
  • 12 years ago
    What a view! Our neighbors have a modern-rustic feel in their house. Their walls are a VERY light beige/ warm white and they have simple, wide wood trim that is stained a dark brown. It looks great. Doing something like that and a nice rustic wood floor would looks awesome with the view.
  • 12 years ago
    These sofas are my challenge. Traditional style in cool tones. Still think I could pull off a modern rustic?
  • 12 years ago
    I think with the right trim, floors, and stone you could pull it off. I think the big question is, is that the look you are going for? Here are some pics I found with gray sofas and a rustic look. Note how the sofas pull out the gray in the stone.

    http://houzz.com/photos/6308596

    http://houzz.com/photos/8747163

    http://houzz.com/photos/6308584
  • 12 years ago
    Btw- love your sofas!