Software
Houzz Logo Print
sheahomesaz

POLL: Shower Tile?

Thoughts on this shower tile?
Love it!
Toss it!
Maybe Try... - Post your favorites

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Not big on the busy strip.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Julia & Elizabeth
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I like it. But then I don't clean the shower, unless my wife makes me. LOL
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • 12 years ago
    I don't mide the approach, but don't like the specific accent tile -- too busy and irregular, with no particular point of appeal.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked acm
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Yes! i Like it! very much!
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
  • 12 years ago
    If I were looking at the house to purchase, I wouldn't like the strip. (I would also want deeper corner holders for shampoo, etc., just FYI). ;)
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Kat Cheng
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Hi---it's ok... :) The field tile is a bit too dark for my liking. Here's one of my favorite baths. It has a lovely mosaic, paired with a white contemporary floor tile, and a whimsical light fixture. Makes me smile...
    [houzz=
    Contemporary Haven · More Info
    ]
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Natalie
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Like the contrast and tile/grout combination. The smaller tile inlay might work in either vertical segments or a horizontal band above fixtures (water line). Sometimes even a contrasting split tile inlay below the water line works to tie the color in but still remain easy to maintain. I do like the overall color palette though.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked ShuaThing Designs, LLC.
  • 12 years ago
    For me it's not bad, but I would change grout color to darker, to blend the main tile, I think it will look less busy and decorative strip will stand out.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked frenchdecor
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Grout lines are too large and sort of featured. I don't like the eye drawn to the grout, for me the grout should disappear and you should feature the tile. The small tile is too busy and poorly located.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked sherry0117
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    It's not bad. It's something I could live with, but I wouldn't be in love with it. The corner shelves look small compared to the scale and don't appear to be too functional. Not wild about the color, but only because I prefer something lighter, as in the photo below.

    Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Thos. Baker
  • 11 years ago
    To me, this looks heavy and dated, but, it is neutral and in good shape, so depending on your budget, you could try to work with it. Maybe a pretty yellow next to it would brighten it up. But, if the budget is there to take it out, I don't really like it, and tile is so much fun.
  • 11 years ago
    I like the large-format tile - anything that requires less grout is good - but would prefer them to be placed horizontally. Would also prefer a lighter neutral color. And definitely jettison that accent strip too.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Field tile looks dated. Strip is OK.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The strip of tile is getting 'old'. Although the mosaic used is a beautiful one. I prefer it be used as a panel or on an entire wall.
  • 11 years ago
    Personally - it doesn't blend at all - but if that's what your client wanted, then so be it.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Angel 18432
  • 11 years ago
    The large tile is similar to what we chose but our accent is less busy. We like it ...
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked juancastillo
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Not a fan of the tile transition. I like the large tile though
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked Studio M Interior Design
  • 11 years ago
    if I had the $$$, I'd rip out the builder's grade tub and surround and make it a beautifully tiled walk in shower with glass doors.
    Shea Homes - Arizona thanked beverlynn