Software
Houzz Logo Print
jennymessier

Plank wall bedroom -- color scheme & furniture ideas?

11 years ago
We have this beautiful plank wall in our bedroom, inspired by Kristin Eldridge and what she did with her wall. We even got her sconces from Lowe's. I don't have much experience decorating, and I'm trying to make our bedroom pop with a vintage modern feel. The plank wall, while beautiful, makes it tricky to decorate because of all the wood colors. The other walls are all colored a rich earthy orange.

We have a study that's restored vintage (you can see in the corner) in a dusty rose color, two nightstands of different heights with a distressed plank look (one of the them is in the pic next to the dresser) -- plus, they're too small and overflow with books. We have a dresser (image attached) that's made of solid dark wood, as well as a vanity/dresser that's made of darker wood and looks very vintage. I also want a bookcase that's on Craigslist (image attached) but it's dark as well.

All of the pieces I have are stunning pieces on their own, but seem too dark altogether in the room. I don't know what colors to bring out to match the plank wall. I even considered some bright metal pieces to add to the industrial look...but I just have no clue. I also have curtains I want to add, but don't know what color...I want to keep this low-budget, so if there are some pieces I can get rid of, or even re-color some pieces, I'd prefer that.

Please help!

Comments (7)